Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerboy56, Oct 24, 2009.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Oh I am not saying LaFell isn't a dropping machine... but you guys are getting way too excited. He played a good 1st quarter... they really should have been up by 28 points by half time easy. Auburn probably has the weakest D in the SEC... all of their tough games are coming up and even now their D is basically last or near last in D.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Well, if you can't look good against "those" teams then we really have a problem.

To me, it was the most enjoyable game I watched this year. Don't think having a "good game" can't give an offense confidence and a great starting point either. Tonight was huge.

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

No, I am guy that actually watches the game each week. "The Secret" is a bunch of hogwash to sell you a book.

He had a good first quarter and after that it was back to making the same mistakes he was making, and physically he has that big windup that you are not ever going to teach out of him.

As far as the team, best win of the year.

4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

It was a good win, no doubt. People sitting here celebrating that jefferson somehow improved from the last game were watching a different game than me though.

I thought by the beginning of the second quarter the offense was pretty much done... except Auburn kept turning the ball over. The announcers thought the same way as I did.

Jefferson was doing the same things he has been doing... Auburn's defense just isnt as good to catch him in the act.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

He did what he needed to do against Auburn, which was get the ball into playmakers' hands, and show he could put up yards on a weak defense. He did that, so I'm happy. Will he come out and do the same thing against Bama? Probably not, but he's showing that he can do what the coaches expect from him and isn't regressing, which several people here have claimed.

6. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Okay, I give up, you win.

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I am going to bed, I must have been watching some other team playing with a QB with the name Jefferson as well.

It was a good win, they ran up against a terrible D and gave some people some experience... that is good. As far as QB improvement, no, he is still doing the same things, whether Auburn was good enough to catch him doing it or not.

Enjoy the next two weeks.... the offensive issues will be back with a vengeance I would suspect, I hope I am wrong.

8. lsudolemite

Good night. BTW, I did see a QB with the name Lee come into the game, threw what would have been a pick-6 with a better defender, and threw a long ball 10 yards behind his intended receiver. I bet that did the hearts of all the recent Lee cheerleaders proud.

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

And it was probably Lee's faults that Jefferson runs backwards into the D-line, it's probably Lee's fault Jefferson only looks at one person and if he isn't open doesn't look through progression, it's probably Lee's fault that Jefferson takes a 15 yard drop and the defense sacks him, it's probably Lee's faults every pass Jefferson throws is very late to the receiver, it's probably Lee's fault the OC suck, it's probably Lee's fault Jefferson doesn't understand how to run the option, it's probably Lee's faults for all of that and more.

I will say what I have always said... Jefferson is probably good enough to get you 7-10 wins a year if you keep the talent around him at a very high level like LSU has... in the end even if you could teach him how to be a QB you will NEVER EVER teach that huge windup out of him.

I have never said Lee should be in there... I said it was a choice... with Jefferson you have a guy that will be playing the same way for the next two years... if you think that is good enough then you keep him in there and collect your 7-10 wins. If you want improvement at that position each and every week Jefferson is not going to be your guy.

Whether it's Lee, Sheppard, or whoever else you want to go to that is your choice.

10. lsudolemite

So what is the point of you coming to this thread specifically to bash the kid's performance if you admit the choice is supposedly between bad and worse? I brought up Lee because we've been told he's the prototypical pro-style pocket passer with the awesome mechanics and quick release. Lee gets his shot when JJ goes down, and what does he do with it? I'll take 21/31 for 250 and 3 TDs with a long wind-up than what should have been another pick-6.

While we're at it let's look at how a Heisman trophy-winning QB did tonight: 12/22 for a whopping 127 yds with 0 TDs and 2 picks against the feared State defense, the very same that allowed Auburn to put up 49 points on them.