Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerboy56, Oct 24, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Much of JJ's success from here on out will depend on the coaches confidence that he is not JL from last season. That to let the kid play and make smart decisions. Should JJ continue to improve on his timing and release, he has unbelievable potential.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That and our offensive line giving him time. That was the glaring difference to me in the Auburn game, seem like he had ages back there at times.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree. I still contend that much of the OL's problems steam from the audible play calling from the sideline, and JJ confusing them. Notice the sideline changes stopped in the AU game and the OL play was much better.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I did notice that, and i think i saw them do it maybe once against Auburn, and that is a good thing. What i don't understand is if you are going to change the play, why not call 3 plays in the huddle, your main play which is what you are going to run, and 2 possible audibles, then when JJ gets to the line, based on what he sees with the safeties or corners playing off or whatever, give him the option to call the audible at the line. Or are we just not there yet? Does he still need time and work before he is at that level.

Jefferson reminds me alot of Jason Campbell when he was at Auburn. Not too flashy, nice arm, good wheels, is more of a passer than a runner, but pretty much a wild card. You just never know which Jefferson you are going to get, and most of that stems on pass protection. But by the time Campbell was a SR. he was really very good, and led Auburn to an undefeated season. Give Jefferson the running game and the time in the pocket and i think this kid could be very good.

5. geauxgirlsguy

geauxgirlsguy Its cold here.

Great comparison.
    Jefferson has a big upside to him, they key is the play of the OL. They looked good against AU. How they fare against Bama and Saban's blitzed will be the key for our offense. We have to stay out of 3rd and longs. The coaches need to have a great gameplan to beat Bama. Jefferson gives us the best chance to beat Bama, a QB who can make throws and can run just enough. I think that we have a very good chance to beat Bama with him, not sure JL gives us that chance.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

JJ definitely played well and made some really nice throws. Like all QBs, he also missed on some throws. But mostly he was very good.

I'm still not seeing him making timely reads regularly. He's making reads, just a little late in most cases. But as soon as he starts recognizing the open man AS he's getting open (instead of after he's clearly open), he's going to take a HUGE leap forward.

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

To be fair, JJ is contending with an inexperienced OL, and is only a Sophmore who should (if the original star alignment had held) still be on the bench. I think he will be great with time. He's good now. The only real issues I have are that sometimes he takes a little too long to make a decision and, of course, his wind-up release. In time, these things should go away:tigerhead