Jordan Mickey

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Guy is smooth and mature beyond his years. When I say mature, I mean his game, but also his mental attitude and approach to the game. I think he is a future NBAer. I wonder if by the end of the year we hear his name mentioned for the Naismith? He has really impressed me this year.

DarkHornet likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He should be considered for the Freshman All-American team.

Naismith? Not close. Power forwards out there averaging 20 and 10, I would think. McDermott for Creighton averaging 25 and 7.

I hope we can keep Mickey 1 more year.

CBS has him ranked as the 9th best power forward prospect. That's a good thing, since that won't get you drafted until the 2nd round most likely.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. ParadiseiNC

Well, that's why I said by the end of the year. He's also averaging a lot more on blocks, and means a lot to the success of his team. Probably right, though, freshman all-american team would certainly be deserving.

LSU continuing to do well in 2nd half against Arky.

4. islstl

Understood and I would have entertained the notion if his trending was in the direction of scoring and rebounding a lot more lately, but that isn't the case. He's been steady all year, which is great.

I go agree about the blocks. He's a machine.

I think it will be a shame if he doesn't make the Freshmen All-American team, especially when you consider his presence on defense.

5 more blocks in the game today, and still plenty of time to record a couple of more. Been averaging nearly 4 blocks in his last 10 games (including today).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

He is as smooth and polished a freshman as we have seen in quite some time. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Tyrus Thomas and Stromile Swift. His offensive game is way ahead of where Tyrus was as a redshirt freshman in 06. He is about on par with where Stromile was in that 2000 sweet sixteen run.

He is undersized, and that is the only thing that keeps him from being a one and done. The guy is just so in command of his game. He has been a pleasure to watch.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Martin and JOB make some great plays and then follow those up with bad plays that leave me scratching my head at times. Mickey makes a lot of great plays but rarely does something that I question. He has good timing on defense, great demeanor, and an efficient offensive game.

When Tyrus Thomas hit a couple of jumpers in the NCAA tourney during his freshman year, I thought "his game is really evolving" because he didn't hit that many during the year outside of 15 ft. In hindsight, maybe those couple of jumpers were just an abberation. Mickey looks like he can hit that shot consistently already.

Tyrus and Stromile had a little more length but Mickey is putting up some staggering blocks stats. My wife is already groaning every time that I say "it's another block party tonight at the PMAC".

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mickey plays under control. now hoping he can learn to block shots without swatting at them.

some mock drafts have mickey going in the 2nd, but they also have martin going too. seems it would be tough for mickey to exclusively play 4 in the NBA. he needs to work on face-up game.

the entire frontcourt needs to focus on blocking out on D, but the nba certainly doesnt require a polished game to be drafted.

8. ParadiseiNC

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I knew he was gonna be a good one to watch when he basically sealed the Tx Tech game at the end with that ridiculous block that seemed to come out of nowhere. I remember the commentator was nearly speechless with what he saw. It wasn't that the block itself was uber-spectacular; it was that he was not in a very good position to make the block. When I watched it, I was just thinking "What in the fuck just happened?" The guy shooting the ball was even more shocked.

10. islstl

ParadiseiNC likes this.