JORDAN REEVER

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EagleUpSg06, Jan 12, 2005.

1. EagleUpSg06

EagleUpSg06 Freshman

HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT BACKUP QB JORDAN REEVER

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Um, you mean back up to the back up, scholarship-less QB.

Coach Saban has mentioned he was decent and competing to possibly win a scholarship for this coming year. He played the role of opposing QB for practice every week this past season.

I've heard he was a pretty good High School QB, but it doesn't seem he's set to become a great college QB. Never know, he could improve alot during off season...

Why do you ask?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Why? Do you feel that the rumors of Russell flunking this semester, and potentially leaving him unable to compete next season, leaving us with Matt Flynn as the starter and Reever as his back-up???

All things equal, either Russell or Flynn will be the starter next year, with the other being the back-up, and Reever 3rd-team....not 2nd.

4. EagleUpSg06

EagleUpSg06 Freshman

OLD FREIND HE NEVER TELLS ME ANYTHING ABOUT SCHOOL : I AM A JUNIOR AT SOUTH GARLAND HIGH SCHOOL WWW>SOUTHGARLANDFOOTBALL>COM SORRY MY SHIFT BUTTON WONT TURN OFF THAT WEBSITE HAS SOME OF HIS STATS FROM GAMES BUT HE WAS INJURED FOR A FEW GAMES

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Whoa, don't like to hear THAT kind of rumor! Say it ain't so! I'm surprised that info would get out at this point...:mad:

6. BostonBengal

It was mentioned on one of the threads sometime last week. Don't think anyone has any concrete evidence that it's true--nor would they until after the spring semester (because if I'm not mistaken, a player that didn't make the grades to be considered eligible can still practice with his team, he just can't play in the games. And Russell would have 2 semesters--Spring and Summer--to get his grades up....IF he has indeed flunked this semsester.)

7. BostonBengal

Seeing as I've never actually seen him play (or even practice for that matter), I can't really comment other than to say that I would imagine that he would be 3rd on the depth chart given the playing time Russell and Flynn have already.

But, I will say that reguardless, Reever must be a damn good ballplayer. You don't make it at LSU unless you're good. I've had many friends play at LSU. All of them were, at the least, All-District in high school, and 2 were All-State, that went on to LSU. Only 2 of them ( Ryan Thomassie, was All-State, OL and the other was TE Nicky Savoie, who was actually All-District as a QB) started, let alone letter, at LSU. The others, 1 left the team due to concussions, and the other 2 never made if off the practice squad.

8. philter

philter Founding Member

I like the kid. He chose to walk on to a program he really wanted to play for...as opposed to taking a ship to a school he considered less prestigous. He gets my respect for that, and I hope he earns a ship.

9. alaman

alaman Founding Member

As he never received a scholarship offer, not much. LSU needed a scout team QB.

10. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Not buying any such rumors. If Russell flunked the fall semester, he would have been ineligible for the bowl game. He played, so he passed.

I doubt anyone can tell by now if he has flunked the spring semester, since classes haven't even started yet.

Russell will start the North Texas game. Hopefully, we never have to know
    who the third string QB is.

GEAUX TIGERS