Jordy's interview with Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by slippery pete, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

YES YES YEEEESSSSS!!!
    The offensive playcalling was horrendous and the adjustments were non existent. Crowton has to know by now that JJ has absolutely no pocket awareness, why in the hell is he dropping him back when we are already in winning field goal range? I'm not sure about his style offense not working in the SEC, but his player development and play calling have been horrible the last two years. If Crowton calls even a below average game LSU wins by 10.

2. LSUFan2000

LSUFan2000 Veteran Member

yes Pete how about we start playing a QB with a brain thats a start. I know you losers want to blame Les no matter what but it wont work. Jefferson is the reason why we lost this game not Miles. You bandwagon fans need to leave b.c your doing nothing but making LSU look bad.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Yep. And with almost :30 left in field goal range, they decide to throw a screen pass, moving them back, then a deep drop back, moving even farther, to a lob, and then a spike with :01 left to end the game.

If they would have just run it up the gut WHILE THEY WERE IN FG RANGE and watched the clock, the Tigers would have had a greater chance to kick a winning FG.

But no.

1 person likes this.
  4. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

It's infuriating how painfully obvious it was to run the ball three times and kick the field goal. I'm still angry

1 person likes this.
  5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Jefferson played poorly at the end, but Miles is an idiot of a coach. Watch this game again. It wasn't just Jefferson, dude.

gtfo

1 person likes this.
  6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I sincerely hope recruiting wont suffer; but I have doubts. We know that Coach O could recruit but apparently had no game day skills. I think Miles is MUCH better than Coach O, but he isn't top shelf either.

the reason Mile's record is as good as it is IS simple, up until this year and last he has been playing with Saban's talent. PERIOD. he has recruited well off of that record. to keep the ball rolling. Good talent will cover a multitude of sins,

Miles is a good coach, just not a great one. His game management skills are bogus. His ability to motivate players is pretty decent. and he is a stand up guy. I don't think he is calling the gamre plays except when you see the on side kicks and 4th down trys. I think if he actually called MORE plays we'd do better, but he trusts his OC, who has a good resume. That resume is just as bogus as Mile's clock management skills. it is what it is.

Unfortunately being a stand up guy doesnt count for squat on the score board.

I like Miles, he always makes me smile and he wins me over. He has a way about him that makes you trust him.

I am not sure that is good anymore, there is something to be said for Saban's blunt to the point, it is what it is style, He didnt candy coat it and we loved it when he was here.

I dont think Miles should be fired. BUT if someone like Michigan wants him, I wouldnt cry alot. I hope he is smart enough to throw Crowton under the bus because he needs a freaking train to run over him. That play calling was horrendous. Worst i've seen. This isnt the first time Houston Nutt outcoached our crew.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

further, Crowton uses the pass on first down to set up the run on second down to set up a 3rd and 10 or 20 on 3rd down, AND HE WONT CHANGE.

on rare occasions when we run on first down we get plus yardage, 80% of the time.

this sets up a 2nd and 5 or less and maybe a 3rd and 2.

much better.

8. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Don't dare blame Jefferson for Miles brain freezes.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yep. This one will be talked about for a long time to come.

:geauxtige

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Then don't blame Miles for JJ's brain freezes. Believe me they both have enough of their own.