Josh Reed on tv tonite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GatorInvader, Apr 17, 2002.

1. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

He'll be a guest on "The Best Damn Sports Show Period." Don't expect anything enlightening but if you're a fan......

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Although I can't stand the cast for that show (Tom Arnold?, DeMarco Farr?, that host guy?), I'll watch because of Josh Reed. I saw a mock draft recently that said Reed needs to lose some pounds off of his "doughboy" frame. I think it was that guy Pasquerilli for ESPN. I don't think Reed has much excess weight. He'd have to lose muscle to lose weight and there's no need for that to happen.

Speaking of the draft, my favorite mock draft scenario has Reed going to the Packers. As a lifelong Saints fan, this last year (more than ever) has taught me that I need a second team to root for every year. Reed's team will likely be that team for me next year and I think Favre might have one more Super Bowl run in him before he's through.

However, I've recently seen a couple of mock drafts where Reed has completely fallen out of the first round. I'm assuming the Texans have the first pick of the second round. I may be biased because I'm living in Houston now, but I'd also like to see Reed drafted in that spot. It could be a really good marketing ploy by the Texans to start off on the right foot with their neighbors from Louisiana. It's such a short drive from Cajun country and Reed is one of those "once in a decade" players that all LSU fans want to see do well on the next level. With this past season from the Saints, there are probably many more like me who are searching for a second team to follow. They are also in the AFC so it's a little easier to root for them. Where does everyone else want to see him go?

3. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

what time does it come on and what channel so i can tell my friends about it?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I know what you mean. I love the Saints, but damn. As much as Id love to see Reed go to NO, I wouldnt wish that fate on anyone that I wanted to see succeed. However, I HATE the Packers. I dont know where I want him to go. I just hope he goes somewhere I can bring myself to pull for.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Hey, my post went unregistered. I thought I had a cookie, or something.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

11:00 PM on Fox Sports channel. (FSS)

For me (in Metairie) that's channel 42. The rest of you can look up TVGuide.com

Speaking of TVGuide.com, they have a cool feature that lets you search for shows. You can type in "LSU" in the search engine and it will list all shows with LSU in the description (there will be more during football season). Pretty useful for looking for a repeat of a show you missed or whatever.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I just read that a couple of team's doctors have noticed the early signs of arthritis in Reed's hips but that it shouldn't become a problem until at least his middle 30's. It stated that Reed has "health concerns" all of a sudden. I don't think this would qualify as such but I'd like to see if they ask him about it on the show.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

That show was pure crap! The only good thing was all of the highlights they showed. But Josh couldn't get any words in between the 4 hosts. They all just joked with each other about each other and talked over Josh. they didn't really need him there at all!

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Sounds like I didn't miss much. But I do wish I had seen the highlights. Reading this thread made me realize what we will be missing next year.

Despite some of the posts above, I can't help but pull for the Saints, and if Reed went to the Saints it would be oh so sweet, provided they won the Superbowl!! :) ;)

I think it is safe to say that whereever Reed ends up I will pull for him and his new team...Just like I pull for the Lakers now, as much as it pains me...Shaq is a Laker, so I am a fan!!

10. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

The above post was mine...sorry about that, I must have a cookie problem. :)