Josh Reed soon to be jobless?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 6, 2005.

1. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

As a Bills fan, I must say that Josh doesn't play with the same confidence he did at LSU. He just drops way to many passes. His rookie season was solid, but not spectacular.
    I'm hoping that with Bledsoe gone, Losman can connect with Josh because this is his contract year. The writing was on the wall when the Bills suprisingly took Roscoe Parrish in the 2nd round of the draft.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Tulane to LSU for a TD! ;)

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The games I saw Bledsoe rarely ever threw his way.
    I don't know why, was he still hurt part of the year last year?

Or is that because he dropped too many balls? :confused:

4. Fightin4LSU

Fightin4LSU Founding Member

He did miss 4 games with an injury, but it had nothing to do with the dropped passes. for 3 years now, passes were hitting him right in the numbers and he dropped them. It's like he plays scared or something, I dunno, but I hope he can break out this season because I was happy like a little girl when the Bills drafted him.
    My theory on him was his rookie season, no one expected much out of him, so he was kinda an unsung hero. His second year, first game of the season against the Patriots, Gilbribe called a flea flicker and he was wide open, about 20 yards away from the closest defender, and he dropped it right in his hands. He hasn't been the same ever since it seems.
    I'm hoping that season had something to do with the awful playcalling of Kevin Gilbribe because that was the worst Bills offense i've seen since the Kay Stevenson days.
    Last season he was injured, but still had a bad case of the dropsies, and I think Bledsoe lost confidence in him, leading to him having to lock on Moulds. Then Lee Evans emerged and became a threat and that put Reed down on the depth chart.