Josh Reed - the best WR in SEC history...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Dec 1, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

...at least according to some show hosted by Paul Finebaum on ESPN that I just watched. They highlighted his 2001 season when he actually was the best receiver in the nation; and showcased the game against Bama when he went off for 19 catches with 273 yards and 1 TD.
    I don't know if he's the best WR in SEC history, but he's right up there. Just wished he'd have had more than 1 year with Davey throwing to him.

lsu-i-like, didit, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  2. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I've never seen anyone that could get open like he did. Everybody in the stadium knew the ball was going to him and he would still be open by 10 yards.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's funny is that what I remember about him was his ability to get open after Rohan started moving, those 2 were so good at making something out of nothing.

fanatic and LSUDad like this.
  4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The catch he made in the Peach Bowl was one of the greatest body control receptions EVER. I remember the ref pointing at the spot in the end zone where he landed to indicate he was inbounds before signaling touchdown.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. fanatic

Yeah, I remember in the Sugar Bowl the season when we won the first SEC Championship by beating undefeated Tennessee, Illinois thought that they could play man against him because they had an All Big 10 CB or something like that. I'm glad they made that fatal mistake because we all know how well that strategy worked out for them.

6. fanatic

We were losing that game 14-3 at halftime and Reed didn't even have a catch because our coach at the time favored Josh Booty at QB, for some unknown reason. Everyone was begging for Rohan to start because of how he and Reed dominated Ark in the last regular season game, but the coach stubbornly thought Booty was the better option. But he ultimately made the switch and put Rohan in to start the 3rd Q and we scored 25 unanswered points to win the game. Reed finished with 9-96 and a TD, all from Davey. It was like a completely different team once Rohan entered the game. Those 2 had unbelievable football chemistry.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

My best recollection was when we played Alabama, Reed had about 300yds receiving and most of the receptions there wasn't a defender near him.

P.S. Rohan is still my all-time favorite Tiger.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He is probably one of the best under appreciated Tigers of all time. Rohan that is.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Curious, what was Bamas defense ranked nationally when Rohan tore them apart?

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Yeah I remember josh well. He's from Rayne high just down the road from me so I watched him a lot in highschool. He was a rb there. That's what helped him so much in my opinion he was very good on getting open but was even better after he caught the ball, king of yacs as a reciever. However I would not call him the best reciever in sec history name like Julio jones, aj green, Sidney rice, Percy harvin.