Jug Lines & Yo Yo's

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Dec 31, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I’m always looking for ways to improve how I do things and would love to hear of any suggestions you may have or even how you do yours.

Here’s how I rig mine. I keep a leader with a double swivel on so I can remove my leaders and stack my jugs in a Rubbermaid container for easy storage. I have little holes drilled in the rubbermaid container that I hook the hooks in and let them hang. Meant to take a pic, if anyone is interested I can later.
    I put some pieces of reflecting tape on all sides so I can find them easily at night.
    [​IMG]

If you fish yo yo’s you have to rig ‘em up with these. I’ve been using them in the last year and absolutely love them and haven’t lost one. I’ve fished yo yo’s with double strings that I’d flip the yo yo through after going over a branch, then went to single string- tying with a slip knot. This is the king.

[​IMG]

2. LSUTiga

Just noticed that on the jug line pic it looks like my leader is very short cause the tarred line didn't show up. I use a tarred line then at the end a short section of parachute string- it's pretty stout stuff.

3. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

I haven't fished yo-yo's in a really long time (Jugs either, really), but I was under the impression they were illegal?

A cheap/quick way to make some jugs that we used to use was go to walmart and get a couple of those pool noodles. Cut into a few pieces and rig up...the hole is already drilled for you!

4. LSUTiga

Yeah I have some of those too. I paid 4 bucks a piece so I could have the rod through them but think I'll just get the pool ones next time. :hihi:

They are illegal in some places. I know at Chicot State Park only can set 24 per boat and they have to be tagged with: Name, Time set, date, boat reg #.

Miller's lake, only family members are allowed to and after duck season.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I like to run limb lines. I fish a private lake near Meridian, MS at a friend's hunting camp and I use live baby bass for bait hooked through the tail. MONSTER catfish eat bass.

Every single bream in the pond is bigger than your entire hand.

I also run limb lines for cats at a place called Sugarmill in Pascagoula, MS. When we go at night, there are literally HUNDREDS of red eyes shining back at you when you shine the Q beam. Place is infested with gators. You wouldn't realize it during the day though.

Alot of times the gators will snack on the catfish that are latched onto the limb lines and we have to play tug o' war with the gators. I've even seen an otter eating my bream that I was using for bait on one of my limb lines. What a stupid otter to be effing around with all of them gators.