Julio Jones

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Oct 8, 2007.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

If the glove don't fit, you must commit !!!

2. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Considering the many WR's weve put in the NFL in the past six years I dont see why he wouldnt atleast consider us until the end. Im not saying hes already here, but it would seem smart for him to consider us.

3. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

His HS team played on DirecTV last Friday. The 'kid' really stood out...a man among boys. The TV announcer said he was going to take his visits after his HS season ended.

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

It's one thing to take your official visits after the high school season. Lots of recruits do that. The thing that makes everyone so skeptical of Julio Jones' interest in us is that we can't actually confirm that he has EVER even been to LSU's campus. He hasn't attended a football game. He didn't camp at LSU. And he only lives about 3 hours away. How could he be seriously considering us and yet not ever make it out here to this point? He's geographically closer to LSU than he is to Bama, and he's been to Bama several times.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

As we know Saban doesn't let many top recruits get out of the state. I wouldn't count on Julio ever playing in Tiger Stadium unless he is in Crimson. Hope I am wrong.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I heard from some local gumps that Jones has been to "EVERY" gump home game this year. I dont know if thats true but he was at their GA and ARKY games for sure because they had write ups in the paper about him being there and quotes from him about his experience.

I wouldnt give up hope on him just yet. We may get close but he looks like bammers to lose.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm hearing that Bama has backed off of DeAndre Brown completely. This tells me that they know Julio Jones is theirs.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think you answered your own question.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Or it could have to do with Brown's supposed qualification issues. Regardless, Bama should feel very good about their chances.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think it is a combination. Bama already has 2 WR commits with 3 Athletes that can easily play WR if needed.

I think those numbers make them feel comfortable and due to their class numbers they kind of need to know who will qualify.