Julio Jones

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Oct 8, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The numbers are just fine the way I see it. I'm thinking 3 back sign, and 25 on the LOI day.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, but due to being close to out of scholarships, Bama is fine at WR other than JJ.

3. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

He has been. At the Georgia game, he and Star Jackson were sitting together and having a great time. Star is pulling hard for him. They talk a lot. I hope he's Bama bound. They are already loaded in this class of recievers!

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I see a max of 8 left...depends on how many enroll in December. 5 counting on the next class. It's a good class coming in...

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I meant to ask this Sat. night or Sunday AM...

Any idea when he'll take a visit in BR? I understand he was invited on an unofficial this past weekend and his name was scratched from the list.

I thought it was interesting you had a handful of Miami verbals in as well...I'm sure they (and Brown) enjoyed the game.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I dont think he is sure yet. Right now is when coaches try to get big groups aligned together for visits in December and January. I suspect we will start hearing more about officials in the next couple of weeks. I think the only thing kind of set is Bama on 12/7.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

As an interesting side note to this thread, when JJ was in T-town last weekend with his team mate Robert Lester, Lester said that JJ had been contacted by the UT coaching staff and encouraged to visit Alabama last weekend. According to Lester, Julio told him the the UT coach told him to visit Tuscaloosa so he could see a real offense.

This marks the first time in years I've liked what one of the UT coaches has said on the recruiting trail. :thumb:

8. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

thats funny, The UT vs Bama game was more like a pillow fight, than a SEC clash of Titans...

9. Istilllovesaban

Istilllovesaban Freshman

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Terry what is your take on what I just heard on a ESPNU Recruiting show?

They were saying Julio was the most secretive top recruit they can remember. Implying somewhat that watch out for a surprise down the road. I am thinking they are just trying to stir up some controversy but they did so without bringing up any rumors.

Can someone be really secretive while attending almost ever hime Bama game? I think not.