Jumping on the LSU Eye?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Oct 11, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This stomping on the home team logo business is getting to be widespread in the conference. And the officials don't like it because it incites the crowd. It will get a team a 15-yard penalty if they do it before or during a game. Happened to Auburn here in 2001. This year Georgia coaches lined up and protected the Eye of the Tiger and their players jumped up and down on the 40-yard line. No big deal.

There is not much the game officials can do about a post game incident since they trot to the lockers at the final whistle. But this year the SEC banned "curtain calls" and teams are forbidden to return to the field after they have gone to the lockers. This was to prevent such incidents as the Auburn team mugging for the Jumbotron cameras smoking cigars after the 2001 game.

If the "logo stomp" continues, look for the SEC to ban it altogether.

2. swampg8or

swampg8or Freshman

I agree jumping on the Tiger Eye was disrespectful just and jumping on the Florida Field F was disrespectful last year.

These players are for the most part kids and that still does not make it right. The coaches of all teams should teach them better respect for the opposing teams icons, mascots and fans. Let's hope this happens in the future.

Best of luck to you Tigers the rest of the season.

GO GATORS!

3. KLSU

KLSU Founding Member

Should have played pissed off in the first place.

Don't get pissed that someone is stomping on your logo after the game. You played like crap and got man handeled. If you would have came out with a pissed off attitude during the game then it would be a mute point because they only thing that would be getting stomped on is their pride. How about not losing in the first place. I say good for them!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A team playing with pride and players dissing a university logo are two completely unrelated things. Your anger and your logic are misplaced.

5. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

The fact that they won and outplayed us has NOTHING to do with it. Just because I beat you doesn't give me the right to punch you in the stomach after.

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Not sure why everyone likes doing it. Georgia did it at UT 2 years ago and Richt made sure it didnt happen this year

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

If we win and our team plays like they are supposed to then we do not have to worry about anyone stomping on the "eye"

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I think UGA wanted to do it this year, but they were too tired from scoring to jump after the game! :D