Just a note as to why I pulled for Tennessee...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Oct 5, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Unless Auburn beats us on like a 95 yard TD pass with 2 seconds left, I want to play LSU again!

2. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

I'd say the same if I were a uga fan...

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Yup

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Excellent point and I've stated the same thoughts here before. I wanted Auburn to lose as well, and today, looking at the standings, EVERYONE should take notice that there are 4 flipp'n teams undefeated in conference play: :lsug: Ole Priss, Arkansas and Auburn.

It would really tick me off should one of those teams happen to beat us, and that be our only loss and we have to stay home (with an 11-1 record) and watch the SECCG game with a team from the West that's 9-3.

I don't understand the lodgic by some of our Tiger fans that said that Auburn beating UT would be a good thing?! And THEN cite "National title implications based on poll rankings" as their reason. 'Cause we'd STILL have to defeat UT (if they would have gone undefeated) in the SECCG to even GET to the national title game.

Basically, I didn't care if UT would have jumped us in the polls should they have beat Auburn--'cause we would have had to take them on later anyways.

Sheesh! Too many people have their head's buried up the AP/Coaching Poll's arses and are too worried about being leap-frogged by whomever, that they don't realize that any SEC team that jumps us in the polls, will fall right back behind us should WE go undefeated--because it means we would have beat them!

Are we the only ones that understand that????

I think if ONE MORE PERSON comments about being worried that so-and-so jumps us in the polls dispite our unblemished record, I will freak'n puke! 'Cause if we run the table, and win the SECCG, and finish at a perfect 12-0, there's NO WAY we wouldn't get a shot at the national title. Especially when, in order to get to 12-0, you would have had victories over, oh...about 4 ranked teams--and possibly another depending on what AuBARN might be ranked should they keep winning prior to our showdown in The Valley.

C'mon guys and gals! To HELL WITH THE POLLS and the rankings! Think SEC West Title and going undefeated in conference and the polls will take care of themselves!!!!!!