just a simple question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tenebrism, Oct 8, 2006.

1. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

so what was your prediction for the start of the season? 10-2, 11-1, 9-3? because that's what I remember seeing the most of on these boards, all the polls, dandydon's poll, etc.

since i know most of you didn't expect us to go undefeated, who the hell did you think we'd lose to? most people thought... dun dun dun... that we'd lose to florida and auburn.

well guess what, we did. we can also still meet most peoples expectations.

so what's the deal? do you guys have the memory capacity and emotions of four year olds or do you just chose to wake up with coals up your rear?

(i'm as dissapointed as anyone else, but rationality has gone out the window this weekend and i'd just like to see people be reasonable)

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So what was your prediction before the game? Did you expect us to have 5 to's, a safety and play like it was the first time the team had stepped on a football field? I don't think everyone is so upset because we lost to AU and Florida but instead are upset because of the way the team played and the feeling that LSU has more talent than either of those teams yet just can't get it together against quality competition. It's understandable that you go to the #5 team in the country's house and lose it is not understandable how the #9 team in the country can play so poorly in the 6th game of the season. 9-3 or 10-2 are respectable records given the schedule this year but that performance yesterday is in no way respectable or excusable. I'll still be at the game next week cheering the Tigers on and will be all season even if they don't win another game all year, however that doesn't stop me from being extremely disappointed in the way the team played and the opportunity blown.

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I predicted 10-2 and I'm sticking to it. :geauxtige

Its just frustrating to lose winable games. Our team is able to go toe to toe with any team in the nation and have an equal chance of winning, and I am proud of them.

It's just that winning is addictive! I need my W's!

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think the frustration that most people feel is not that we lost in general, but how we lost. This was a very winnable game, and if the kids would've left everything they had on the field and came up short, it would be alot easier to take instead what happened yesterday; when they lost their focus and poise in some key situations and bad things happened.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU, Florida, Auburn and Georgia are all very excellent teams . . . and all are beatable. Florida showed some weaknesses yesterday and somebody will beat them--probably Georgia who wil get beaten by Auburn.

The upper tier of the SEC is tough, fast, and talented and is takes poise, focus, and luck to win. LSU had none of those yesterday, but does have the ability to win.

It is very difficult to beat a top-10 team on the road, especially in the SEC.

LSU has its tough opponents on the road in 2006 and even Nick never had less than 3 losses in even years. Onthe other hand, next year LSU has its three toughest SEC opponents at home and Virginia Tech at home, too. 2007 is a schedule made for a national championship run. Sometimes we just have to be patient.

6. somemightsay

somemightsay D*MN YOU FX NETWORK!!

:crystal: