Just a thought

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Mar 9, 2004.

1. SEN

SEN Founding Member

I'd rather be a 12/11/10 seed playing a 5/6/7 than be anywhere near an 8-9 game. I hate 8/9 games because they're always tough AND if you win, !surprise! you get to play a 1 seed. I really want no part of any of those games... If winning 1 or two games gets us a 7 or 6 seed I'll be happy.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Very true...

There is probably very little difference in playing a 6,7,8 seed but the differences become large when comparing 1,2,3 seeds. Although LSU has had great success playing #1 ranked teams in the past.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A 6 or 7 seed sounds great but with the late season slump I would be very very suprised. I think we would have to make it to the SEC tourney championship game before we could even hope of that high of a seed. Who knows I might be wrong it happened to me once before back in '82. :D :D :geaux: :lsug:

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think that he was meaning that he'd rather be a 10 or 11 seed than an 8 or 9 because the winner of the 9-8 game plays the #1 seed in the next round. I think most around here have conceded the fact that the Tigers will not be a 5-7 seed in the tourney this year.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

See said the blind man!! :D :D :D

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Can you imagine how bad Roy Williams would outcoach Brady??? It would be almost humorous, if not for the fact it was happening to LSU.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

That would suck.

Bracketology has LSU as a 10 seed in the East, matched up against DePaul. That is an infinitely better matchup for us in the first round. I am hoping against hope we can take two games in the SEC Tourney and get us back up to an 8 or even a seven seed.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah williams has won so many NC with talent way beyond that of any single or cumulative teams than LSU. sigh clue.

10. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Last year we were an 8 and played a 9 seeded Purdue. The winner (not LSU) went on to play (lose to) 1 seeded Texas.