Just back from Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 18, 2004.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Well, I was not treated well. Outside the fans shouted war eagle and afew cursed saying they hate coon asses and to go back to the swamps. I found that funny becasue the people I tailgate with had froglegs for lunch. Inside the stadium Auburn must have concentrated that 1% of bad fans right around me. I was cursed, had ice thrown at me, and one fellow said ome very uncomplimentaty things about my mother. The guy on my left and the people to my imedate right were very nice. They apologized for the other people around. They were pretty pissed themselves as they got hit with the ice more often than I did.

2. TigersTalons

TigersTalons Founding Member

You obviusly werent near me if i saw an AU fan acting that way id jerk his ass up quikly and "explain"AU people dont act that way.sorry to hear you had a rough time.

3. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Glad you had an enjoyable time dhead. I know you could learn to love it if you just try! ;) :D

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

C'mon Morgan. Throw out some smack. You know you'd like to. God knows some here have it coming.

5. saltyoldmarine

saltyoldmarine Freshman

First trip to AU, just about attacked in prattville getting supper at the McD's. Things werent too bad before the game, I believe both sides were a little nervous and didnt want to go to far. After the game is a different story, you would have thought that they just won the national championship. We were called every name in the book and seriously thought we would come to blows a couple of times. My mother goes to all games with my brother and I and it was a little agrivating that she had to witness some of that. After the Oregon State game I was so happy to come away with a W that I must shook every Oregon hand and thanked them for coming and told them to have a nice trip. I sure wasnt going to get cocky with them after such a close game, you would think that AU would have felt the same. I dont know about ya'll but I cant wait till next year to show the AU fans how the home team is supposed to act. Confident not cocky.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Hey, I stayed in Prattville too! I was in downtown, historic part (which is really just two minutes away from the McDonalds). I just got in and I must say that for the most part I had fun. This was my first away game, though I wish it had a better result for LSU (Win or lose, GEAUX TIGERS!). It was a rather interesting experience. I'm used to being the majority ribbing the visiting team, but this time I was the butt of jokes. Driving from Montgomery to Auburn I honked at every single LSU car I saw. I was greeted with some weird looks from the Auburn folks, but that was to be expected. One old woman actually waved at me as I drove by though. I thought it was funny. Whenever we pulled in to park some guy walked up and started LSWHO?? LSWHO??. Then some guy walked up to me and asked if they asked for a 25 buck surcharge for parking (since it was really only 10). He shook my hand and said he was just kidding with me and he wished me luck. Once we were in the game (I was in the middle of an Auburn section, but still very close to the LSU band beind the goalpost) the guy next to me says "Hey, we'll try not to make fun of you too bad when you lose." then we started talking about the eagle doing it's flight. Once the game was over, I heard the usual "WAR EAGLE" taunts and stuff, hell one drunk student walked up to me screaming WAR EAGLE WAR EAGLE over and over and I even gave him a high five... but the one that kind of worked my nerves was the guy that walked up to me and said "Y'ALL DON'T DESERVE NO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP... LSU SUCKS". I'm like "Uh, hello that was last year, get with the times." This one lady even said "I'm sorry guys" as we walked by. I replied "Eh, it's okay. Can't win 'em all! It was a great game on both sides."

For the most part, I rather enjoyed myself. I was pretty much bummed the rest of the evening but I consoled myself with the fact that we would be playing them in Death Valley next year, and payback's a beyotch. Hopefully this doesn't significantly harm our chances at clenching the SEC West. Oh well, congrats on the win Auburn (you lucky S.O.B.s :thumb: )

7. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Didn't go to the game because I was hosting some folks here in Montgomery who still didn't have power. But in general, the Auburn fans are gracious if treated well themselves--just like LSU fans.

I did note that there were more LSU shirts (and in my case, ties) than Auburn shirts in Church this morning. A couple of people were impressed that I would show my colors after a loss, but I am proud of my school, not just the football team.

GEAUX TIGERS

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

here's my experience.... we took the RV and stayed on campus among mostly LSU fans. We got there and set up shop Friday night. When we woke up Saturday morning, we realized 4 chairs had been stolen from right outside our RV. Needless to say, we were PISSED! After walking around and talking to other tailgaiters, we learned that several other people had things stolen, including several icechests. Not a good way to start a trip...

Saturday morning we rode around campus looking for tickets. Very, and I mean VERY rude AU fans, even 50 year old ladies - cussing, taunting, etc.

All AU fans around the tailgait spot were nice as well as those we sat next to. We were lucky enough to find 4th row tickets so we were right in the middle of orange. One good thing about the seats though, AU has a very cute blonde cheerleader who was nice to watch for 2 quarters:lol:

After the game, we got the occational "LSWho" chant but overall most were nice and we were even invited to a couple of parties right near the stadium by AU fans. Man...I can't wait for the rematch next year!

That game was what SEC football is all about!

9. LSUtexan

LSUtexan Freshman

i guess i will make my first post about my experience at au. all around i had a pretty good time, with the exception of the tirp up their, took the wrong way. we got their at about 10:30 friday night and went to a party, and talked a little smack with some auburn fans. before the game the only au fans that said anything were some hot chicks, so that was pretty good. i didn't have a ticket so i had to go find one, which wasn't that hard. it was way up in the upper deck andi didn't want to sit next to some annoying auburn fan so i snuck down and sat with my friend's brother in the lsu section. after the game no one really said anything to us, but we said some things to them. probably the best was the guy that said to his friends "what did i tell you, they never lose when i go to the game" and my friend came back with "you must not go to many games then" and i thought it was hilarious. they guy didn't like it and had some choice words for us. all in all it was a fun trip, well except for losing, and i was very impressed with auburn in general, it was a nice campus.