Just back from Indy to Southern California

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Apr 2, 2006.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

It was not fun riding the plane home from Chicago to LAX. I continue to say the Bruin fans are much more cordial than SC fans. Even though we loss the 2000 mile journey was worth it even though I was only there for about 36 hours.

As for the game....Wow! We were never in the game. While most of us Tiger fans say the game against Duke was the most complete game we have played defensively, I think UCLA took it to a new level last night. They didn't quit for 40 minutes. On the other hand we didn't get started. Frankly it was an embarrassing performance from our Tigers. Finally our lack of guard play and outside shooting was exposed.

On the player front, any thoughts of Tyrus going pro need to be dismissed now. While some will offer big money for him, he has played one half of one season at a high level. Tyrus needs at least 1 if not 2 more years.
    Big Baby Glen Davis will be an NBA player but he needs at least 1 more year as well. Davis get's a lot of shots blocked. Remember everyone in the NBA can jump. He would benefit greatly by another year in school. Garrett Temple....feel free to shoot about 500 jump shots a day this summer. We will need you and Tasmin to become outside threats next year.

Overall it's been a great run for these Tigers. Now if they can make the smart decisions and stay in school we have a chance again next year.

John Brady, I've never been a big fan of yours but you proved some people wrong. Coach go get us a couple of true point guards that can shoot the basketball. Take this run of success this year and put LSU basketball back on top where it belongs.

A disappointing loss but a very successful year none the less.

:geauxtige

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I agree on the outside shooting and guard play. I thought that they lack of outside shooting would hurt the Tigers earlier in the tournament. They were able to overcome it for the first 4 games of the tourney but it finally got them. You can't take anything away from what this team has done. They have given us all many reasons to cheer and be amazed at some of the things they do. They just ran into a team that equaled their athleticism and shut down the only threats that LSU had throughout the tourney...Big Baby and TT.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Just back from Indy myself West Coast Tiger, good insight on the game. We were beaten at our own game last night. It was disappointing to say the least. I wanted the Gators to see a healthy Tiger team for once this year but it was not to be. I don't know about you but I enjoyed good folks everywhere we went. I thought the George Mason fans prior to gametime were ecstatic and obnoxious at the same time. That must be the way you act when you have not ever won anything and probably won't see the finals for another 100 years. Tiger fans had an impressive showing but the Gators matched us as they always do. I thought it was funny as the Gator fans stayed for our game and joined Bruin fans in rooting against us. :hihi:

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

d, I saw them Gators pulling against us as well. I took that as a sign of respect. In fact, all three of the other teams were saying we don't want to play the Tigers.

It's funny you say that about the people around town. I was commenting about that earlier how friendly and nice the people of Indy were. They did a fine job of hosting (plenty of good spots to hang out around the RCA Dome).

Overall it was a good trip that could have been great had we come home with the NC. Congrats Indy on a fine job of hosting the Final Four. :lsup: