just got a bose lifestyle 3800 home theater system....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by snorton938, Dec 17, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

and am loving it. when you read the reviews, people either love or hate bose systems (most think they are overpriced)......for me the convenience and size were well worth it....plus the ability to copy up to 200 cd's on the hard drive was the final sell (am recording right now......and you can listen while you record)........definitely worth the price.

by the way.....did you here that klipsch is going out of business...apparently the grandson of the founder is fed up and is closing shop.....if you want a pair get them now.....mine are on the bedroom shelf waiting for the next stereo.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

had mine stolen in a burglary, insurance replaced with the next best and they are ok but nothing close to bose. lesson: always get the best.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

lesson: get the right insurance that pays for replacement cost.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i did yet was misquoted on some things.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

For their size, nothing beats a Bose. Most people buy it instead of the glorified jam boxes on the market.

But a true audiophile system will blow it completely away . . . for a price of course.

6. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

you know the only thing really p*ssing me off with this system is when i record cd's onto the hard drive......after about 10 of them it kicks me off saying "busy processing cd's" and i have to wait over an hour before it catches up.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I like Bose alot, but prefer Boston Accoustics and Cambridge Soundworks. I have the Cambridge Soudworks Ensemble system and would not trade it for anything.