Just got back from Gainesville..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by doubledeuce, Oct 8, 2006.

1. gatorfin

gatorfin Freshman

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

wow, a few guys acting like a##'s...id expect that from a game against Universirty of Alaska...

I'm talking about every Florida fan I encountered Saturday acting like a complete a#$%^&$. I've been to many SEC away games and Florida fans have by far been the worst experience. Not to say it was a "bad" experience; just that the fans didn't show any class. Its taken a step too far when I hear about 5+ Katrina comments...(ex. GO HOME...OH WAIT KATRINA BLEW IT DOWN...etc etc etc)

3. gatorfin

gatorfin Freshman

And for every loser visiting fan that I've heard complain about how they were treated in Gainesville, I've heard 20 say how hospitable the town and people were and how awesome the stadium is. I think losing by double digits to a better team has something to do with the perspective you have on the weekend. If you didn't encounter ANY Gator fans that were good people, you're either lying or you were hanging out in the wrong place, like maybe a franternity house basement. I don't buy it.:cry:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"why miles is SO infatuated with him"

"Les Miles doesnt like Black People" - Kanye West

5. TexasTigers

There is a reason I never to Gainseville anymore, of ALL sec fans, without question the worst. We have our share of bad ones, no question. But man 95% of those people are really classless. I went twice for a win and a loss and swore I would never return. THis was even during the spurrier beatings we took regularly.
    Your right Gatorfin, your stadium is nice. But the inhabitants are horrible. And no it has nothing to do with getting beat. I was in town for a classic spurrier run up the score beat down, and went when LSU hammered them in the zook years. Each time I was worried for my safety... I was with my wife.
    I put Bama at the top as far as rival fans as nice people. UT as well

UF at the bottom.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Agreed

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You moved back to Texas???!??!

It must have not gone on so well with Carlo. :hihi:

8. TexasTigers

No comment

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I was in Gainesville with the band, and we were feet from the visitors tunnel / locker room. After halftime, I saw the team come out, and knew we had lost the game. C. Jackson had come out with about 5 minutes left in halftime to practice kicking (about the same time Florida's whole team came out). The rest of the team came out with about 30 seconds left, walked out of the locker room, most of which with their heads to the ground. They looked like they did before the SECCG last year, and the result was simliar. A large group of the team wasn't even to the benches yet, by the time of the kickoff. It was incredibly discouraging.

10. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

I think that is a hillarious picture. The way he arched his back. Funny. He probably did to get some type of emotion from you people. That was the biggest lack luster tailgating experience I have ever seen. One word: Lame. Please tell all of your friends and family to make a trip to Baton Rouge. If not BR, then at least maybe Oxford. We will show you how to tailgate. I walked on and around campus for FIVE hours and heard and handful of witty banter. ONE, only ONE gave us a Gator bait and then asked how we were doing and needed anything. Most of you would say something under your breathe as we walked off. Grow some hair on your nads and tell me to my face. I am big boy. Or are you to worried by the way I am dressed that I may have more intelligence than you and my comeback will leave you speechless, because your trusty pocket dictionary that you use for gym class is in your other pair of pants. Pick up a keg and cook some food for God's sake. This is football, not tennis.

The rest of you sat on your jean short, wife beater butt and did nothing. Tailgators were asked to turn music down and stop yelling. "Keep that ruckus out the stadium." I also see you complaining about the night game next week. Don't you know that gives you more time to have a good time, or are you guys too busy from coming on this board to tell us were classless; or too busy making signs for Tebow 4 Heisman?

Please don't confuse team support and classless. Especially after a FEMA sign and posts were all around last week. Allow 18 feet into your house before you tell me about classless, allow yourself to live in a trailer for a year. Oh Wait. You may have experience with that.

Please come up with better chears and more intelligent remarks. "Real men don't wear purple or yellow!" Tell that to kings and queens that wear it everyday because they are colors of royalty. "Smell like corndogs" is taken from Auburn that was taken from Iowa. I think most of us liked hearing that one because it made an ass out the person saying it.

Someone. Anyone. Please tell my why it is against Gainesville law to stand during the game. I kept hearing "Wait until you get into the Swamp" I waited and waited and then heard Two Bits.....and then the Jaws soundtrack.

I will admit that Gainesville has a GREAT college night life. You guys are very lucky for that. The fans on Friday were a little bitter because we were so many, but I am the same way when foreigners come into my bars.

I think I got everything. Oh Yeah! Wear some Damn Shirts. Rednecks