Just got back from Gainesville..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by doubledeuce, Oct 8, 2006.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

Double, sorry you had a bogus time down there. I've heard for awhile how bad the UF fans are so when we went down the weekend before for the Bama game I was prepared for anything. Surprise!! I couldn't believe all the nice fans there, no kidding! They were almost as gracious as the SoCar fans. No problems at all and we sat in a student section, we even tailgated near some and they were fine. I'm thinking we just got lucky. Anyway, I can't say I was impressed with their campus..............................

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I think the problem is all UF fans think all LSU fans are bad...and all LSU fans think all UF fans are bad. So a bias forms and fans who just want to watch the game and enjoy the atmosphere get screwed.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Exactly. LSU fans get the wrap of having the worst fans. I think along with South Carolina and Bama, we have some of the nicest fans youll find. 99% of the opposing fans get treatment they dont even deserve...free beer and food. :)

5. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

just what I was thinking...I see our gratuitous fans treating the opposition every weekend

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Did you see the game or watch the replay? Hester's blocking was superb and he absolutely was responsible for one of Scotts big runs and for the TD. He took his man out of the play. The coach was giving the right man credit. Hester did a good job at TB in Scotts absence vs. Florida. Better than Vincent or Broussard.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

I've been to 9 of 12 SEC schools. there are two i won't go back to.

gainesville b/c the people are the worst classless bunch of black hearted sub humans in the world:nope:

and

starkville. nothing against the people, i like state fans, but there's no reason to visit starkville ever again.:lol:

8. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

9. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

First of all I didnt think gator fans were *******s, just unoriginal and and hohum. Bama fans were a lot worse last year. Secondly, I think hester is better than JV and Broussard is still a year away after his injury. Hester is a solid option but he does not possess the breakaway speed that a keiland williams or charles scott does. I understand why he was used so much in this past game now that the Scott injury is clear. My problem with miles giving hester all the credit for Scotts big game is that its not vey encouraging to young players to only recognize one guy every game. hes good but hes not God. And I dont care who you are, Hester is not a gamebreaking tailback and because of our lack of a gamebreaking tailback our running game is as poor as its been in years. For all of you who think Hester is THE answer at TB, compare running stats from this year and years past. Its not all his fault, and obviously we didnt have another better option this week. But if Hester is the best we can put out in a league stacked with speedy runners, we will see plenty more beatdowns like we did on saturday. If you cant run the ball in this league you are in trouble, I guess we should have seen this earlier with so many questions at tailback.

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Everyone has this horrible opinion of LSU fans. Apparently, I smell like a frank wrapped in cornmeal, fried to a crisp. Funny, last time I checked I took the time to shower twice a day (on a normal day).

I've rarely insulted a fan, and even those digs were impersonal joshings truly clear in intention. I've never insulted another fan's living situation, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), etc. as seems to be popular these days.

And I've never recieved the same courtesy. Because I wear the purple and gold I'm automatically an ignorant ass who just loves to live out of my FEMA trailer and drink lots of cheap liquor. (I don't drink, and I would never LIVE in New Orleans- no offense to those that do. Just Baton Rouge is big enough for me.) The fact that I'm walking with my kindly 82-year old grandfather, a retired pediatrician who treated 3 generations of Baton Rouge's children, always greeting every fan with a friendly handshake and a word on the game, is no difference. When we go to away games, some fool always ends up heckling my grandfather.

And that's just loads of class. He won't go to the swamp anymore. I'm glad- I only know 2 Gator fans. One is this dude that liked my sister and ended up being a creep, and the other is my dad's ex-fiancee. Key word: ex. Did we like her? Guess how much we COULDN'T STAND HER. (This is the same one that did PhD at that Fake Imitation LSU in the ACC.)

Anyways- roundabout way of saying LSU's fanbase is on the rise, and don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. Just ask our new best friends to the west, Arizona.