Just got back from Gamestop (LSU Display)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jun 28, 2004.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

So I just got back from Gamestop in the Mall of Louisiana from ordering NCAA Football 2005, and I notice they have 2 custom display covers that look quite fimiliar. They just happened to be two of the custom covers I made for the game. I think its pretty cool that they used my work but shouldn't I be getting a free game or something out of this? Brett don't you know someone there that can make this happen? I noticed they have a tigerforums sticker on my LSU cover. Anywho...just wondering what you people would think if that happened to you? I wonder if they are going to try to sell the cover...Should they have asked for an approval? Should I get a free game?

[​IMG]

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

At first I'd be a bit ticked off to see my covers in a retail store. I suppose that not long after though i would be kinda proud and happy. I would be inclined to want credit for my work. However, are there any legal issues here concerning them selling customized covers to a copyrighted game? You just might not want your "name" associated with it. :)

All of that set aside, they have displayed them and they are your work. They are using them for advertising and marketing purposes. You should be entitled to something...

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

At least a free NCAA game. If not that, if it's too much, then take a store credit. While it's just photoshop work, it still takes time to do all of the aspects of that job and the cuts are premium that you did.

Look further into it. If they are selling your work, you should either get a cut, or get a freebie.

4. eagls24

eagls24 Freshman

i talked to the guy at gamestop a couple weeks ago and saw the covers and asked him if i could order mine with that cover and he told me it was just for display it could not be sold like that the only cover we will get has larry fitz on the front but ill be printin your cover of here it is nice lookin on that game

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

umm a free game? you have a lot bigger fish here if you know what i mean. unless its considered part of TF forums and Brett gave em the right to use it.

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i am just a law student and can't officially give any advice, but i can tell you that there may be some "issues" with the use of your work. :thumb:

7. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

Seeing how neither you or the gamestop dude are authorized to reproduce the ea or lsu logos for profit, i think your legal options are null. Cool cover though.

8. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I got some hard core evidance of my pictures being used in the store. :shock:

[​IMG]

I'm really not worried...although a free game WOULD be nice! Also...I have the orginal files for these covers and more if anyone wants it.

9. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

Can you make an LSU cover for the Xbox version? I've seen other people ask about it and I would definitely be interested in that one.

10. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

uhh maybe if you had put a copyright or somethin associated with the pics u could do somethin.......but u didn't so I'm gonna have to guess you can't do anything.

Think of it as somethin cool rather than them stealing your work.....cuz I seriously doubt u could make any kind of money selling your photoshopped artwork like that.....

....and the name of the store is GAMEWARE not Gamestop :wink: