Just got back from Gamestop (LSU Display)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jun 28, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

regardless if he can sell it, its his property as any other digital information on the net and I think someone would have to have his permission to use it...i dont think they can use it to sell something since its not theres. If it was EA, then probably so but not a local store. not sure, of course.

2. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

I would like to have the Skyler Green cover for the Xbox and the Hill cover over Jason White...

Thanks

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I didn't give anyone the "right" to use it but the fact that it was placed on a public forum for public use implies a right to use it. I certainly don't think whoever it is is selling the cover, probably just using it for display purposes.

I'd take it as a compliment.

4. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Are we talking about GameWare? There's no GameStop in Mall of LA, only one I know of is by Target.

5. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Must be Gameware then....whatever the gaming store is on the bottom floor of the mall.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It is Gameware. Gameware is giving Tf.Com members the $5 discount. My best friend (since elem. school) and best man at my wedding is the manager of the store.

7. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

8. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

Awsome... thanks for the Xbox version

9. carwashguy

carwashguy Founding Member

here is my Vincent Xbox cover

[​IMG]

10. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

j0nathanr0y:

Hi, this is Steve Bernhard owner of Gameware. Since those custom covers were placed on the net I assumed they were free to use. In hind sight I should have asked for your permission and for not doing so I apologize. Since the layout of the covers is your work I will remove them from display if you desire. Just to let you know I'm in no way selling those covers. Like just about everyone else on this forum I'm a proud Tiger fan. I want to show that in my store and since Gameware is locally owned I'm proud to be able to do so. That's something you won't see at GameStop or Electronics Boutique. I don't believe having those custom covers on display in my store are increasing sales. The main reason I have those two custom covers on display is to promote LSU. When you went into my store you may have seen many more official covers on display.

I appreciate the excellent work you have done on those covers. I was very excited when I saw those covers because you did such a good job. In fact I took it upon myself to print them out and cut them to fit in the DVD case sleeve. It was a very fun project for me. If you want to stop by Gameware when NCAA Football is released I'll give you a special deal.

Thanks,
    Steve