Just got back

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Aug 13, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

From Media Day:

Les Miles was very well spoken, even though he said the "company line" on all of the answers.

Jimbo Fisher makes the media people look like idiots. lol He answers so thoroughly, and talks for literally 10-15 minutes about the same things.

Bo Pelini is at times lost for words, but the man knows what he is talking about.

LSU has this big, giant chain next to the coaches podium donated by former tiger Ben Bordelon, to symbolize how each player is a "link" to success.

A few notes:

Jimbo RAVED about Brandon LaFell, and said he would be comfortable with any 3 QBs as a starter.

Miles and Pelini both praised Curtis Taylor, saying he can be the "next" when Landry and Daniels leave.

Then on for player interviews, and Chris Jackson was a great interview. He is intelligent and a good speaker.

Early Doucet was also very friendly.

I have to write about special teams, so I was limited to Daniel Francis, Doucet, CJackson, C David, PJ Zimmerman, Jai Eugene, and Chevis Jackson

If any of you want the specifics of what each player said, just ask.

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

how many were in attendence?

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Well, did any tip their hat to who was returning kicks and punts?

4. clair

clair Rockets

this is an exact quote from my tape recorder:

"The special teams speed that we’ve added with the freshman class is really noticeable.

You’ll see on the return teams and the coverage teams, that they show great speed.

We’re still evaluating the guys who will be returning punts for us; it’s safe to say that some of the young guys (Chris Mitchell will get a look, Trindon Holliday will get a look)

Daniel Francis seems to have the best hands on punt returns, and on kick returns, Early Doucet, and Daniel Francis are with some of those young guys again

We’ll be fine. It’ll be difficult to replace the returnman we sent to the NFL, but we have talent there."

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thanks for the update

6. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

I hope we have a solid return game this year.....Over the past years we have had some awesome return guys with Green, Davis , Faulk , Kennison , Cannon and ETC .

7. clair

clair Rockets

Early Doucet seemed the most excited about it of all the guys I interviewed. HE said "I just love making plays," and "this is just like catching a pass in open field with all sorts of room to run."

so i think he will do fine if he looks at it that way

8. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

Trindon Holliday size at 5-5 or 5-6 with a 40 time of 4.27 has to be a big advantage as a returner....But if Early Doucet has that kinda attitude i would love to see him do the job.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I saw part of Pelini's Q & A and part of Fisher's over the GZ.

Fisher said that Bowe is not only catching balls he should be able to catch, but also some he's shouldn't be able to catch. :thumb:

10. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

this is going in the reveille i assume