just heard espn interview randall 'blue' gay

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 17, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they asked him how they were able to shut down the colts.... he said they played hardly any cover-2 though played a lot of man-2-man and left 'em on an island (sound familar?).

they also asked him how they dealt with everyone not giving them a chance to win and he said they all boycotted espn for the week since they picked indi and peyton to beat them showing them no respect.

he also spoke how its his first year and how the patriots play as a team and no one has egos and everyone is accountable.

wasn't much but its great to hear true LSU tiger already making an impact in the NFL along with all the rest and another on his way to a superbowl if they beat pitt.

p.s. alan faneca may be the best offensive lineman in the game. he is simply dominant and a crushing downfield blocker. just like he was here. he'll go the superbowl if the pats don't so its a win-win.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I remember seeing Gay during the game and I started screaming to my relatives that it was him.....suffice to say they didn't go to LSU so they thought I was going mad.

3. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Did you all here the announcer make a statement to the fact about Gay not even being a starter at LSU? What did he mean by that comment?

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

He was our nickel corner back, but he did not start he played behind webster and daniels. This shows how talented our CB were when we won the nat. championship.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, next thing you know, the Pats are going to have Demetrius Hookfin as their dime back!

Thought y'all would like the Hookfin reminder! Hahahahahaha

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I remeber when we played fl and grossman was not looking where the reciever was lined up but who hookfin was defending! That was a bad game.

7. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Playing the nickel back is a starting position. Sayin he didn't start is like saying Kevin Faulk doesn't start for the Pats. He comes in in every series to do the job what Corey can't which is to catch the ball and give them that extra option. Gay filled his role at LSU. Saying he wasn't a starter just doesn"t seem accurate.

8. slippery_pete

slippery_pete Founding Member

Gay was on Sirius NFL Radio also this morning. Yesterday they had Jarvis Green on the air. I didn't hear the interview with Randall. I did get to hear Jarvis though. He basically said the same thing as all the Pats. They are a solid team and they check there egos at the door. He also talked about how good of a job the Pats db's (including Gay of course) did against the colts especially since no one was giving them a chance to stop Peyton.

I love my Sirius Radio. It is good to hear former Tigers getting some pub on there.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

well i think he meant, Gay never started at CB while at LSU, and now he's the starting CB on New England

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The nickel back is not a starter. He is only a starter if their main defense is nickel or dime, which doesn't generally happen in the NFL.