Just Plain Proud

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

More than anything, I am proud of the way that this team and their coaches have handled this season. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lace up and go to work every single day with a consistent threat of thunderstorms everywhere you go. How do you deal with the constant doubt and second guessing? How do you stay focused on a goal, hold your team together and drive forward when everyone is raining down on you? To keep drving forward, never giving up and constantly believing while just about everyone appears to be against you is nothing short of impressive.

And the most impressive part of all this to me? The players' loyalty and love of their coach. It's not just in the fact they gave him the game ball or told us and the media (once again) that they believe in him, it's the fact that they have done it since day one and never waivered, they never cracked. I have not heard one word of dissension in the ranks. They have stood together and stood tall in the face of all challenges. There are a lot of highly regarded programs with very media-popular faces that would probably not be able to pull off this same feat in the light of these types of pressures. That to me is a huge testament to that coach and the quality of the young men on the team.

They have a very solid bond and a foundation that makes all things possible. We often overlook the value of commitment, loyalty, desire, and the sheer will to win. If you have this you can achieve anything.

Way to Geaux Tigers!!

6 people like this.
  2. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Amen, Bro.

Legitimate football debate is one thing, but this season has seen an especially high level of whining, negativity, ridicule, and outright hate from a vocal portion of our fan-base and a complicit media.

Despite all the criticism, Les Miles has kept this team focused. Kudos.

3. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Excellent post.

4. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

So let's talk about that a little in the context of the value of the win over Bama on Saturday. How does this win affect the mindset of a recruit who has offers and interest from both schools? Has the potential of playing in big and meaningful games or championship games now been more evenly distributed across the West? In other words, if a recruit was leaning towards another progam because they offered a better chance of playing on the big stage is that now a question that you set aside because you know that several of these programs offer you about the same amount of opportunity?

And if that is true, does this now improve Miles' strength as a recruiter? If I'm a kid and look at the love and loyalty a team expresses in thought word and deed to their coach does that have a big impact on my decision? Did Miles get a significant boost in his recruiting abilities through this victory?

I believe so and I believe this will pay off on signing day.

5. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

awesome post! Also, lets not forget this LSU team is very young and can only get better from here on.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Good post, well stated.

Miles teams are persistent - and you remember what Calvin Coolidge said
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race; or a football team - (added, not in CC's original quote).

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. It's a testament to Miles in how he's held the team together and how his players feel about him that that they rally around him and play for their coach and each other.