just saw on the news where the LHSSA has made a ruling.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Jan 31, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

in the private versus public thing, and that was to make all teams play in the classification as their enrollment that would put John Curtis and Evangel in 2-A Ball. I am glad that Evangel finally got brought down a few pegs.

2. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

I guess high school athletic boards are making rulings all over the country today.

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I am not a big E fan, but this is bad news for 2A football. No one in 2A can keep pace with evangel.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

it's an attempt to crack down on high school "recruiting"...if schools like JC and Evangel want to play up, they'll need to increase their enrollment

i don't believe this will take effect until 2004 or 2005

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

2 Years

This ruling will not go into effect for 2 years and might see a court room before that. The problem is not schools playing up the problem is Cheating to get to the State Championships. John Curtis does not do anything that Rummel or Brother Martin or any other Catholic School in New Orleans does. John Curtis was in AA for long time then moved up to AAA they had not intention to go any higher then the LHSAA change the Classes and moved Curtis up to AAAA. Evangel on the other hand wanted to prove they could win at all Classification but did not want to play by the rules that all other Shreveport teams do. Evangel likes to go and recruite players from other high schools and other States to play at their School. Like the year Longanport won the Class A state Championship and 2 Sophmores were the Stars of the team and the State the next year they were at Evangel and the list goes on and on.

I do not believe that this ruling is the right way to stop this problem I think that the LHSAA should crack down on the recruiting for Football purposes not send Evangel down to 2A to beat the hell out of those Schools. They will still be doing the same old thing down there so did you fix the problem or did you just move it over to another spot.

6. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Do you make it a habit of going to all the boards to post that crap? The fact that you only have one post on this board proves it. I've seen you post almost the exact same $hit on other boards. I believe the response you got there was "prove it". Give us his name, post a picture of the SUV....until then, keep your rumors to yourself.

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

An Auburn fan has come here and posted that same rumor. Almost to the exact wording. Saying it was someone from his high school.

I say if is true you should prove it. As a fan I would want to stop this kind of stuff from happening. So are if you are a fan stand up and help solve the issue now instead of posting an unverifiable rumor.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A purple Escalade? Would that be subtle or what? I bet he bought a house for his Mom and Saban co-signed the loan. If you are going to try and stir up crap here, at least be creative.

9. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

DUDE... I am not stupid. Far from it as a matter of fact. If you would like to compare our intelligence levels on any scale you care to choose, be my guest. You will be sorely disappointed.

In regards to your rumor, I believe that you should put up or shut up. As the previous poster stated, at least be creative if you want to stir up things. A previous poster had the exact same rumor with one exception: his SUV had an LSU license plate instead of the bobble head. Grow up.

10. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Noone, you are telling people to have some balls, but all I write is the above and you send me a private message whining about being so mean. You have to be either Bamafan03 with a new IP address or the idiot from SHreveport that was making racist comments and got kicked off.