Just Say Neaux to Nutt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Dec 29, 2004.

1. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

I actually could have stomached Tuberville b/c he's had some success and is a good coach. But Houston Nutt:eek: ? Nuts to Nutt:dis: ! This would be a horrible hire. Please tell me Skip Bertman has more sense than this. I don't think Nutt :po: is a bad guy, I just don't think he's the man for this job. I can't see this generating any excitement in the fan community or with recruits. The folks on the Louisville forum think it's a done deal, I guess wishful thinking on their part.

JUST SAY NEAUX TO :eek: NUTT! :eek:

2. philter

philter Founding Member

This whole story is driving me nuts.

(no pun intended, martin)

3. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

How believable is the info on TigerBait?

I frankly would be shocked if Nutt is announced as the new LSU HC tomorrow as is being rumored on TigerBait.:eek: :nope: :nope: :nope:

I mean, OK, I can see him being a serious candidate. But is he that head and shoulders above the other potential candidates that Skip would just hire him right off the bat? Without even interviewing potential NFL coaches? Tedford? Rodriguez?

Offer the job to Petrino and don't look back, Skip. Houston Nutt would be a huge mistake. Skip, you have five CWS skins on your legacy wall, don't be remembered in Tiger history as the guy who replaced Nick Saban with Houston's Nutts!:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Do you really think there will be an announcement before Saban is out the door Jan.1? I don't have a problem with it. In fact, it should be par for the course, but I just don't see it happening. I suspect the announcement comes after the Cap 1 bowl game.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Why even bother repeating junk like that. That's how these ridiculous stories get going. When you read such obviously false, uninformed crap you should just shake your head, chuckle and move on.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Let's see, we offered both Petrino and Nutt the job yesterday ...co-head coaches maybe? :lol:

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If Houston Nutt becomes the LSU coach, I cannot express in words how dissapointed I would be.. His team has had how many arrests over the years, LSU hammers him every year.
    Please Skip we beg of you no....

8. scotherock

scotherock Freshman

how true?

I read the same thing but how true can it be? please say it ain't so but nick and houston have the same agent and nick is supposedly helping find a new coach. Nutt is better off in Ark. and we would be better off with petrino or maybe fisher. :hihi:

9. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

I know you guys are hurting right now. It's hard to be happy with a coach, and he decides to move on. At least your coach did it with style, and it was a move up to another level. He did have the respect for his players to tell them of his move, and not just let them find out like everyone else. I think that is the most that we can hope for with any coach is that they have enough respect for their players that they recruited to come. These days it is hard to expect a coach to have loayalty to a school especially if they did not graduate from there. That is the experience that we have found here at Bama. If we go outside the family, they just do not stay very long. One thing about Houston Nutt, he has been loyal to Arkansas, and I really can't see him leaving. With Petrino, I just don't know about him personally. Last year he met with reps from a school where the head coach that he would be replacing had given him a chance, and he did not even inform his present school, and he just didn't go through the proper channels. It was just sort of sneaky to me, and I think that he was just lucky that he didn't lose his job there, and now he's looking to move on again the very next year. I would worry about having a coach like that. But I do wish ya'll the best of luck finding a good coach. Even though we compete against each other, it's more fun when you can win against a good coach, and we certainly want to get to that level again.

10. IVHorseman

IVHorseman Freshman

It's been two years. Get over it Bama boy.

Gig'em!