Just watched

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GxLSU1, Sep 20, 2004.

1. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

Just watched when Early Doucet dropped and gave away the football to Auburn with 10 seconds left. If he would of caught that he would have ran a few yards and Jackson would be kicking around a 40 yard field goal to win the game. Gah, that hurts... :bncry:

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

One player doesn't give away anything. Win as a team. Lose as a team.

3. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

I did not say he lost us the game. I just said he had it, lost it and it landed in a Auburn player's hands. That wasn't my point anyways.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The pass was slightly behind Doucet but it was catchable. I still would have been a tough catch in traffic. He will catch more of those than he drops in the future. Even if he had caught it there is no guarantee that Jackson would have made the field goal.

5. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

True Bengal B, but at least he would of had a chance to kick it. The pass was behind Doucet but still could have been caught. It kills me how close we were to winning!

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It was only the last of many offensive mistakes and blown opportunities.

I know what you mean it just happens that the last guy that makes a mistake or misses an opportunity in a game always gets the finger pointed at him when in fact it is the culmination of many mistakes over the entire game that are the reason for the loss.

7. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Exactly! Which made it such a great game and not some watered down contest that only resulted in LSU getting robbed by some "questionable call"....shame one team had to lose.

8. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

Great game! I was real pleased on how well Auburn played, they never gave up. Congrats again, even though it hurts to say it. :(

9. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Thanks! It was a great game and you shouldn't be down on your team. It could've gone either way.

I can't say the same for Auburn last year...no contest, we sucked!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I look at the positive from all of this. Jamarcus Russell led us down field like he was a 5th year senior, going 45 yards in just 1 minute of play. He threw the last pass to the proper side of Doucet, i.e., behind him slightly, as to avoid from getting it knocked down or intercepted by the linebacker coming from the other side of the field.

JR did all he could. Cudos to him. He will lead us to victories in all of the next 8 games, the SEC CG, and the BCS Bowl game (hopefully the Orange).