Justin Vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Oct 31, 2004.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

What the heck happened to him? it looked like he was going to be a star last year, especially coming up with over 300 yards against UGA and OU in championship games, did he come to fall camp out of shape or something, also does anyone notice that he is the only running back that consistantly falls backward, if you watch the replay later today, you will notice addai broussard and carey all fall foward, but when vincent is in the game, he falls backward, not to mention the trouble he is having holding on to the ball, i just dont have a clue how some one with all that success last year can just come in and stink it up like he has this year, hope you get better JV and get out the slump ,
    GEAUX JV, GEAUX TIGERS and happy birthday to the Coach Nick Saban

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This has been mentioned before by oither people but... Despite his struggles on offense, he has been playing well on special teams and contributing. This was evident again this past game. Vandy kept forming the wedge on kickoff returns.. On one return, JV ran and cut right around the wedge and made the tackle on the returner before he made it to the twenty yard line. JV got up and was VERY excited.

As for last year vs this year... He does not have Reed and Peterman on the right side of the line to run behind.

3. Didnt he get hurt this game? I saw him going to the bench holding his arm and/or shoulder. I hope not because loosing Big Ben, Xavier and JV for the year in the same game is unbelievable.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

That hit where he fumbled the ball was vicious, he very well could've been hurt, but I didn't hear anything about it.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah if you noticed on the fumble play, it was almost as if he was trying to force the issue with plowing through the tackle, trying to prove a point that he can go forward when being hit. It cost him and he fumbled the ball.

6. Its kinda strange that LSU has been hit the hardest physically this year by Arkansas State and Vandy. Whats wrong with this picture??

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's not JV, it's the O-line. Last season I could have driven my truck through the holes that the O-line made, but this year they just aren't getting the push. JV is getting stacked up at the line and isn't able to use his quick feet in the secondary. Also, I think the reason JV "falls backwards" is because he is the lightest of the backs. He doesn't have that thick lower body and body weight to pound defenders. He is best in the open field where he can use his quick feet and shifty moves.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Addai & Broussard have no problems running the ball, no matter what is asked of them...and if you call that moon walking he's doing as he gets to the line trying to use his quick feet, I don't know what to tell you...

Vincent's a good back, but he's an interchangeable part. Addai & Broussard went into the offseason knowing they had the same talent level, but they had something to play for. Vincent went into the offseason as the SECCGMVP and the BCSNCGMOP...

A 1st team all-Everything, and those honors carried over into the pre-season.

Broussard & Addai had something to prove. Vincent thought he didn't. I admire him for his continued dedication on special teams, and I'm guessing this offseason will end up with us having the most seriously dedicated running back corps in America. We are going to SERIOUSLY blow some people off the ball because Vincent's going to train and compete like a man possessed, and Addai & Broussard are going to go in knowing what it takes to improve.

Our offensive line and quarterbacks are going to realize what it takes...and our wideouts will continue to improve...Our offense in '05 hinges on them...But I have confidence this team is learning quite possibly the biggest single lesson ever this year.

9. timmyt

timmyt Founding Member

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

If you had told me before the season that after the eighth game of the year LSU would have had only one game in which a running back rushed for over one hundred yards, I would have thought you were crazy.

I don't buy that Addai and Broussard are not having any problems running for major yardage while Vincent is struggling. Addai and Broussard have definitely had qauality runs while Vincent simply has not though.