justin vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, May 5, 2003.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Well I believe that we can't deny Vincent the field next year. He will definitely be an impact player somewhere, probably on D. As for Joe A, I think he is the quick and versatile back that will probably get most of the carries. However I wouldn't be surprised if Ally becomes the second coming of Cecil, if its even possible. Cecil was amazing, I hope one of these bruising youngsters can fit those shoes.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Once Edwards qualifies, he will be a huge impact. Don't forget, he turned down the likse of Friedgen(sp?) and Maryland to come down here to play ball...He, Alley, and Addai in the backfield along with Shyrone could be unstoppable....

3. LSU Tailgater

LSU Tailgater Freshman

With all of these running backs, Alley, Edwards, Addai, and supposedly and outsanding QB coming (Russell). What are the chances yall think we could see some option offense in the near future?

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Russell is not really an option style QB. He is too big and tall. If we want to run the option, Mauck would probably be our guy. He is smart kid and I can see him playing like Eric Crouch for Nebraska. But hey, didn't Addai play QB in high school? He could run the option. Skyler Green also played option QB in high school. LSU did that a few times in the past with Kevin Faulk. They put him under center and ran the option once in a while.

But its a lot more exciting to watch Rohan-to-Reed type games. I like the passing attack.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't see Saban putting Addai at QB to run the option, or skyler Green. I think Saban want's consistency at QB and is searching for either a 1)efficient year at QB from Mauck( kind of like Krentzel at Ohio State. Nothing mind blowing, just effiecient) or 2) a breakthrough offensive year from the QB position which I am afraid we might not see until JaMarcus takes over...

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

JaMarcus is far from an option style QB. He runs a 4.7 and has decent mobility but he is a pro style QB. Matt Flynn however is very capable of running the option and ran the option and QB sweeps in high school. He ran a 4.54 in high school and is very mobile.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I totally agree, I take the QB that puts his team in the position to score. Krentzel didn't have mind-numbing stats but he was a leader and put his team to win some time games.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

noooo! not more option. i hate the option. i was so excited that we got Jamarcus instead of lane because of that (and i think Jamarcus is a better QB anyway).

9. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

All these comments are excellent. However, I want to remind you that we have a young man coming in that may surprise everyone. Remember, when all the stuff was going on with Lane crying about Russel, Flynn kept his opinions to himself, visited practice and flat told Frannie thanks but no thanks. I believe this young will provide Mr. Russel a run for his money. I know a HS football junkie near Matt's home town and he says this young man is a student of the game, and makes very good decisions. I read during the recruiting process that Russel is not the brightest bulb in the pack. You have to take both with a grain of salt, but my money is on the sleeper (Tommy Hodson type QB) to be the Starter behind Matt.

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

You couldnt be further from the truth ChuckE! JaMarcus scored highest in defensive recognition at the Elite 11 Quarterback camp. He has been starting varsity football since he was an eigth grader and has great football intelligence. I'm not saying Flynn wont beat him out but whoever said JaMarcus wasn't bright doesn't know squat!