JV's "Other" Run

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ectopic Tiger, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Just got through watching the Sugar Bowl, and Vincent's "Heisman" run in the 2nd quarter.

This run was amazing. The first guy that missed him misjudged his speed and didn't come close.

Then came Strait on what I call "The Move". Watch the replay of it and put in slow motion on your VCR (or DVD player). It looks like Strait has an easy tackle as he dives down at JV's legs. As Strait goes for his back leg, JV just flips it back up into the air, as though he were Gumby. Strait hits nothing but air and turf. The only contact between the 2 of them on the play was Vincent's hand pushing Strait's head into the turf.

After that, Vincent's momentum nearly carried him out of bounds. But he planted his foot, pushing up about a pound of turf, and cut up-field for more yardage. I'm in awe.

[​IMG]

2. philter

philter Founding Member

The kid has real natural talent, he is powerful and very shifty...and he can make those moves at near full speed (which isn't exactly slow :eek:).

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Think he'll stay all 4?

I say two more & he's gone...

4. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

he could be gone next year , if he does really really well

5. BullTiger

BullTiger Freshman

All of that and didn't even make All SEC freshman team ... SEC coaches gotta get back at Saban some kinda way.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

the thing i like about him is the insane shiftiness. i watched my tape of the game the othber nite too. he is so good in there in the trenches in the close combat before he breaks out. his body is just so hard to grab in there, even before he gets really moving. like his td run, when he ran off the official. before he got to the official he was moving around so shifty no one can get on him.