Kansas law dogs steal kid.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 30, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article19890942.html

So a mother using cannibas oil for chron's disease, has her son stolen from her after her son tells people at school the benefits of medical marijuana.

Way to Kansas. Dorothy didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. Kansas has to be the worst state to live in out of all 50.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I have lived there and it isn't great

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Mother should have known that a 7 year old would rin his mouth. She should have just told the kid it was medicine and nobody would be the wiser.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nothing there but dust in the wind. And Dorothy and her little dog.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And Dorothy's dumb ass wanted to go back.

There are kids living in crack houses, that get put in foster homes where they are abused, and this woman for all intents and purposes seems like a decent parent. It's wrong what they did and they probably did more damage to this child than anyone could imagine.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

@LaSalleAve your unwavering support for THC and all that is 420 puts you as the number 1 prospect on my Cannabis Big Board!

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well, I agree with Bengal. That's not to say she isn't a decent parent but she certainly isn't what I would call a smart or thoughtful parent. She clearly stated that she had talked to her son about it. Why? At 11, what would be the point in telling your child that you are using illegal medication and that it's readily available in the home? I don't take any kind of prescription meds but if I did, I wouldn't tell my kids what they were or that they were in the home.

I'm fine with medical marijuana but had she just used it and not involved her son in her own adult issue, he'd still be at home. I do agree that removing him from the home at this point will only make him sad, angry, and bitter. He'll be a stoner in less than 2 years.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Trade him for an ounce of kime bud and a bong to be named later.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No point, you are correct. On the other hand, many 11-year-olds are pretty perceptive and bright and it would't take them long to figure it out, at which point she'd have to speak with him about it.

Wait until you turn 50, darlin'. Every few years they will find some minor or major ailment for which they will happily script you up for better life through chemistry.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lawrence is a pretty cool college town with some decent bassetball. The rest of the state is the great plains, emphasis on PLAIN. Truly a featureless landscape and a big sky with some of the worse storm weather that I have ever driven through. I thought my truck was going to be blown over.