Kavanaugh fixin to get Anita Hilled

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I tend to agree; in fact when it first came out I called it despicable and Borking. I still feel that way. These same pigs defended Bill Clinton, are defending Keith Ellison and others who have been proven predators.

Likewise this supposedly happened 30 years ago and how much does that impact today’s Judge Kavanaugh. I did some stupid things in HS & college but I’ve grown and matured since then. I’m not the boy I was....hopefully we all learn and get better.

Regardless the Republicans are in a tough situation. I think they have to hear this woman and be careful in their examination of her. I would think that they should speak to the therapist whose notes are being used. There are at least two serious discrepancies between the notes and her statement. They need to be examined and weighed.

@dachsie @uscvball @StaceyO what day you? We can’t really put ourselves in your shoes.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Every case isn't the same and I know there are legit reasons why people don't file official complaints at the time the incident occurs.

That said, I have a few issues with this story.

-She says she never told anyone...not even her husband until 2012 and that was in therapy. Is this possible? Sure. Likely? I don't believe so. Victims may not want to go public but are willing to tell their darkest secrets with whomever they share a pillow.

-She claims that she doesn't remember key details. It's been more than 30 years since I was molested but I can remember every single detail to it's micro-level. The story she has told is somewhat generic and it's missing the affect of a victim IMO.

-In 2012 during therapy her husband, "recalled that his wife used Kavanaugh’s last name and voiced concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might one day be nominated to the Supreme Court." Sorry, that doesn't have the ring of truth. He's been a circuit judge for over a decade! Did his participation on those rulings not matter? And his appointment by Dubya barely worked...Democrats absolutely hated him. There was no reason to think he'd be a SC Justice at that time, particularly because Obama was in office in 2012 and who would have imagined at that time, another Republican SC appointee?

-She's affiliated with Stanford. Hmmm, let me think....
    [​IMG]

-The other male who was allegedly in the room and identified by Ford, has denied the story.

-It's all too convenient. The national dialogue in this country has been fixated on #MeToo and now the SC nomination dialogue is being framed around overturning Roe v Wade which is ridiculous and a supposed sexual abuser. We've gone from a woman who claims she never told anyone, not even her husband, to therapy which should have been doctor/patient privacy, to busted attorney/client privilege, to name-redaction....but now we all know who it is. I never told anyone publicly but I told people privately and strangely enough, nothing ever got out and my abuser was a well-known business man.

Even if I ponder the possibility that this story is true, I have a tough time thinking it has any relevance to his appointment.

kcal and Winston1 like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Thanks

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So typical, so transparent, so left. Can't win in the arena of ideas, so play the race or sex card. Anyone with an iota of intelligence has known it was coming from the moment the nomination was made.

edit: Sorry, made the above comment without reading the story. They're going back to something he allegedly did in high school??????? You've GOT to be F'ing kidding me!!!!!!!! By the standards leftists are attempting to impose, the only conservative I can think of who they would have a hard time disqualifying on "moral" grounds died on a cross 2000 years ago.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    uscvball likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Didn't Jesus whip some money changers? They would say he is a violent criminal.

Frogleg likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Jesus, a conservative, I think not.

Supreme Court nominees always face this shit, is it fair?.. far from it,.. it seems an important part of vetting to me. Like seemingly everything though, it's become highly politicized, and devalued by smear tactics.

I don't want Coca Cola, the bottle is red,.. give me Pepsi Cola, in the blue bottle.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

And he turned water into wine. Was he an alcoholic?

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

This stinks so bad it would knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. One thing is for sure Kavanaugh is prettier than the 2 dykes Obama and Clinton appointed
    elena-kagan.jpg Ruth+Bader+Ginsburg+Supreme+Court+Justices+bKPkT7MIbRKl.jpg

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

OK, maybe I'm wrong to cite Jesus as a conservative, but given liberals' feelings on religiion in government, they absolutely do not get to claim him!

kcal, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.