Keep a watch on the Michigan situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by psulions2007, Oct 1, 2014.

1. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

I know, I know...you guys have more important things to worry about right now...but I would highly advise you to keep an eye on the Michigan head coach situation.

Pretty much everyone knows Brady Hoke is going to be fired soon. In addition, their Athletic Director Dave Brandon also will probably be fired.

Key insiders say the two Harbaughs are their top two choices for head coach. Of course that is way past Alabama fan-level delusional, and there is just no way two successful NFL coaches are going to go to a college program.

But after those two, once again, Miles is their top candidate. Yes he has declined them in the past, but there are reasons to believe he will not this time:

1. He loves Michigan. It's his alma mater, and in the past he has said it is hard to say no to Michigan. He would love to coach there even if it was only for a few years as he heads towards retirement.

2. He despises Dave Brandon due to things that happened in the last search. With DB gone, rumored new athletic directors would absolutely jump at the chance to interview Miles.

3. If there was a time to leave LSU, now would be the best time. Let's face it...yes the SEC West is the best division in college football, but the power of the teams are causing them to squeeze each other out. Eventually something has to give. The Big Ten East isn't a picnic either, but it would be much easier to build a competitive team there. In addition, with such a young team, it will be much easier for the new LSU coach to mould them to his system vs. taking an advanced senior laden team and suddenly changing systems which can be a great shock to the system.

LSU would no doubt be able to get a great new coach (provided the AD isn't lazy like some and promotes Cam Cameron or someone from within).

But like I said, just keep an eye on it. No need to worry about it too much now as of course there wouldn't be a move until the end of the season.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I detect smiles and jig dancing going on from the shadows of this board. Be careful what you wish for ladies and gents.... It's a lot easier to find the next Curley Hallman than it is to find the next Nick Saban.

HalloweenRun, didit, Jopry and 7 others like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You did this just to fuck with me didn't you

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. Les loves Michigan, but he loves LSU, too. And LSU is the place that has buttered his bread. This is the place where he can leave his own Schembechler-like legacy. That will never happen at Michigan. Three or four more years and he can pass Charlie Mac for the winningest coach in LSU history.

2. Les will not get caught "interviewing" with Michigan again. They either offer him the job flat out-on his terms or keep looking. Les' agent may not be as high-profile as Sexton, but he is no fool and Les is holding all the cards.

3. Michigan is a rebuilding job guaranteed to deliver its next coach tons of pressure and not a lot of championships. Not something most men would take on in their sixties. Not a multi-millionaire sitting on a completely cool seat at a place that gets top recruits and gives him everything he wants. Les has signed the kind of talent that could take him to another championship in the next two years. Hard to walk away from that for what is happening in Michigan.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Although I'm not going to link a photo, trust me when I tell you that I will have a full head of hair before you see Les and family moving to Ann Arbor. Ain't gunna happen.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

When Coach Cameron came to LSU, there was some talk that down the road, he might the the successor to Miles as LSU head coach. Yes, I know that Cameron's one stint as HC resulted in a poor WL record, but it sure would be an "easy" transition for LSU if Miles would leave to promote Cameron.

If Miles does leave (assuming that he does not take Cameron to Michigan), I'd like to see HC Cameron at LSU.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Christmas come early. 7 come 11. .

This will never ever happen. This is what desperate fans do everywhere when hopeful for their ideal candidate. .
    And John Gruden is coming here after. Better hope for schiano. Thats much more realistic.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odds are they would find another Curley.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Mile ain't happening. But those arrogant bastards up there seem to think they're going to reel in one of the Harbaughs. What a joke.

LSUDad likes this.