Kelvin Sampson to Indiana

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Whoa! I guess I will need to hide sharp objects from some friends!:shock:

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Another person that Bobby Knight doesn't like taking over IU? The man just doesn't have the same ol' pull. ou beat TTU one game when ou made a last second shot after the clock didn't start until the ou player dribbled 1/2 the court. The game was at normam, of course.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I had heard constant rumblings that Sampson and OU were having problems with each other, but I thought that Sampson and OU/Castiglione had kissed and made up. :hihi:

5. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Actually, I feel sorry for him. I think he had always quietly planned on being "the guy" at Indiana.
    His tenure at Iowa has been a learning experience for him. Most Hawkeye fans are disappointed that he was a top 15 coach in salary while he was in on-the-job training. He had some problems early on talking down the players to the press, running a few kids off, stories about him "expecting" free services around town, a slight indisgression with a secretary.... ALL of which is okay... if you're WINNING, right?

His coaching has gotten better, his recruiting hasn't. He's gotten one player.. just one... out of Chicagoland since he's been here.... seven years.... that's amazing. Damn, I just got myself all depressed talking about Stevie Blowdry... again!

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

wow I didnt see that coming at all...where did kelvin go to school??

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Sampson was born in Laurinburg, N.C., went to Pembroke High School and Pembroke State University (now UNC Pembroke).

9. clair

clair Rockets

I am sure the Brady to Oklahoma talk will begin now b/c the media loves to make it seem like he is going to the Big 12