Kentucky beating LSU 7-2 in the 8th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jarad, May 7, 2004.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

HEY! Why can't we just give U Kentucky some credit? They are a scrappy team and really needed the win. The breaks went their way and they won the game. That's baseball.

All is well.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

In the past, the Friday game was usually one of the better games of the weekend series for LSU in the SEC. They very competitive games pitting each teams respective aces against one another, usually resulting in lower scoring and "small ball".

With this year's team, the opposing team's ace is staying true to form and holding LSU to a couple of runs. The difference obviously is LSU allowing a LOT of runs and its ace can not get it done.

However, it seems as though there are more errors on Friday nights and it makes the job a lot more difficult for the pitcher. The errors may be just as common on Saturdays & Sundays but to me it seems worse on Fridays. Anyone have stats on this?

All in all, the team only seems to focus and play well under pressure. Usually after initially falling behind in a series they pull it back together and take the weekend series 2-1. Maybe in postseason and the pressure that it brings, the focus will be there.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ya know, a coach can do everything in his power but if you have some guys that feel they can win just by showing up and putting on that LSU uni there's not much you can do. They should be ready to play on their own....these are the elite players in college and it seems sometimes that can hurt as much as help their psyche. Whatever it is, I blame it on the players since I feel like it.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No way man. NO NO NO. They scratched their ace to pitch some nobody against our ace. Breaks no, scrappy no. they had what? 6 SEC wins so far? Was a must win for us to win the West. No chance now. KY sucks Bama didnt.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Get a life. Kentucky won game one. You ought to be used to it by now. Everybody here is seeing the real possibility that this may not be a CWS team. On the other hand, it could happen. Let's wait and see. Relax. If they don't make the CWS, what does that mean? You will have nothing to do for those 2 weeks? People will stop and point at you and laugh because your team failed to be the best? Your life will lose all meaning? Your hair will turn gray and fall out? Enjoy the season and when it ends move on. Get over it. QUITCHURBITCHIN!!

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

your joking right???? :shock:

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

This team has the talent to be at the CWS and if they don't make it there or make it there and go 2 and through I will be very dissappointed

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm not bitching at all, but in the pre-season, college baseball experts almost unanimously said that LSU and maybe two other teams not in the SEC had the best talent in the country. LSU was supposed to be a lock for the CWS.

The Bauburn fans were ranked #1 in football preseason and had an EXCEEDINGLY disappointing season. This sort of thing happens to everybody in one sport or another.

I agree that if/when it happens to us in some sport, we've got to be control our emotions and try to be positive. This advice applies to me, myself and I, as much as it does to anyone. The WORST thing a person can do is to let their emotions get the best of them in a moment of crisis, whether it be while cheering for LSU or while overhauling and boarding a British merchant ship on it's way from Jamaica. Sometimes the British heavily arm merchant ships in order to lure raiders into a trap, so a Corsair has to be careful. There's no point in whining and panicking when the enemy ship uncovers her decks to unleash a brutally heavy broadside . . . just drop full sail and get the hell away to fight another day.

We've got some baseball left to play. If we can get our heads on again, we can avoid future surprises like the Friday night game against KY and make some noise in Omaha.

SabanFan is ready to impose corporal punishment (the LASH) upon any member of the crew who whines.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

What time does our beating start today?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nope. It's called perspective. A 40 year old cousin's family has called in Hospice. She went to the funeral home to pick out her own casket. Her kids are preparing themselves to face life without their Mom. Her husband, a huge LSU fan, just didn't think the loss to Kentucky was that big a deal. I agree.

Great attitude. That's what sports is all about.