Kentucky beating LSU 7-2 in the 8th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jarad, May 7, 2004.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Sabanfan: don't listen to the idiots.

You are solid as a rock. I don't know how old you are, but you are more mature than most of us. Your mission is to keep us focused and confident.

I condemn those who attack you.

PS Skip Bertman is the AD. I have complete confidence in him. He will do what's best for LSU sports.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am honored to have you at my side in this battle to keep our sturdy vessel afloat and steaming in the right direction. Our younger crew members are feisty and on the verge of mutiny but it is our wisdom and experience that will forestall a full fledged insurrection.

3. Jean Lafitte

Epitaph?

Let's just call this an early post-mortem for the season. TE hopes that he's wrong, however, he has given us his prediction of the post-season assessment of our areas that need improvement for next season.

You can't improve unless you know what's wrong. Even the National Champion has room for improvement.

I think TE has identified some areas where we could use some improvement.

THAT BEING SAID: We need to rally ourselves and support the team NOW!

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, it's not so much an epitaph as it is wonderment...I mean, look at all the holes this team has! Look at how incomplete we are, in totality?

Look at all of these problems...and we're ranked 6th in America and one bad weekend away from winning our 2nd straight regular season conference title. We're in the neck of things in the conference race, still. We can't buy a Friday night win, and yet, we're considered by even the most passing of observers when it comes to collegiate baseball to be one of the odds on favorites to go back to Omaha.

Just take a look at Rice. Their ENTIRE pitching staff came back, and they're struggling. It's not like we should be, or ever were, immune to poor play or tough times.

Look at this infield. Look at our lineup. Hell, Smoke was bashed in year one for playing like 36 different lineups in our first 36 games. It cost us continuity in some people's eyes, until we turned it on in the post-season before bowing out to the Owls in Houston in the Super Regional Round. We've got a similar problem with a consistent infield lineup this year.

I think that adds to the problems, though basic fundamentals and focus would also do us wonders...

It's not an epitaph, just a frank, honest assessment...

5. SabanFan

Despite all of the defensive lapses, hitting slumps and incredibly stellar play by our opponents all year long we can win the whole shooting match if we can get Dirks, Meier and Mestepay to pitch their best. If not, we have no chance once we hit the double elimination tournaments.

6. Jean Lafitte

Sabanfan: the Enforcer.

Either they'll shape up or they will get tired of feeling your lash. :hihi:

7. SabanFan

And lash I shall. A walk on the plank is not too harsh should they get my dander up.