Kentucky has sights set on SEC Championship??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 17, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

How unbelievable..........one Governor's Cup and they're going to win the SEC, and Woodson is in contention for the Heisman?? :eek:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=714971

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Converted USCE fans...

3. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

South Carolina has a better chance than Kentucky.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I can see the East finishing with USC, Florida, and Kentucky with a 3-way tie for first at 6-2.

Each of them catch a loss from LSU. :):):geauxtige:lsup:LSU!

USC can beat Florida and Kentucky can beat USC. Florida can easily beat both of them, but they will slip up from lack of experience. Tennessee seems broken at the moment and on the brink of a repeat of 2005. Georgia is the unknown right now. Who knows what they will do.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The Heisman won't be going to Kentucky. In fact, I'd be real surprised if it went to Arkansas as well. The east coast versus west coast media bias tends to agree on one thing...they don't like the SEC because the SEC teams always outshine their favorites.

They can't control the outcome of the games (thankfully) but they can control the rankings and Heisman. I don't believe their bias and jealousy would permit them to actually vote for the best candidate.

I know if I had a Heisman trophy and an AP title, I would put them right beside the broom and mop in the janitor's closet. That's all they're worth.

I like the fact that Florida, SC, and Kentucky are all playing well. To be the best, you should beat the best. I can't wait to hear ESPN rationalize how a USC win over Stanford or Arizona is more important than a LSU win over UF, SC, Kentucky, Alabama, AU, or Arizona.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

While both of those wont happen, I think some people need to realize Kentucky is better than they think.

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Outside of Florida, Kentucky is the scariest game on our schedule. Woodson will be a top 10 draft pick come April.

8. TheGimpLSU

TheGimpLSU Founding Member

I'm a Louisville student, and this is the truth about Kentucky's win over Louisville: Louisville defense didn't look good against Murray State or a Middle Tennessee team that did next to nothing against LSU. Louisville and Kentucky are nearly equals in talent now. Louisville made numerous mistakes to lose that game to Kentucky. Two quick turnovers spotted Kentucky an easy 10 points. Neither team really did much to stop the other from scoring.

I think it was just two borderline Top 25 teams showing why they're ranked where they are. The gap from where those two teams are to the top 3-4 teams is much bigger than even a numerical ranking can display. Squeaking out an win against an overrated Louisville team might mean Kentucky is decent, but they've got some beatings coming in SEC play. LSU and Florida are definite losses for Kentucky, Kentucky hasn't beaten Tennessee in something like 24 years, and Steve Spurrier is doubtful to lose to Kentucky as well. The Kentucky bandwagon hype machine is in full effect around here, but I'm not buying it.

2 people like this.
  9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Things could fall very well for Kentucky, but they could go very very bad for them if they can't keep composure.

Brooks needs to make sure his team does not fall apart in October. They go to South Carolina and then host us, then Florida in three straight weeks. Easily the roughest stretch any team in the nation has to face. @#14, #2, #3

If they win one of those games, then I think they have the grit to beat UGA and Tennessee at the end of the schedule.

Florida, at the same time, has Auburn, @LSU, (BYE), @Kentucky, Georgia (JAX) coming up.

USC's only drawback in the schedule is that their bye week is in Week 12, meaning Florida is their 11th straight game right after a long trip to Fayetteville.

The East is much better this year than the West, and oddly, it's not the normal "Big 3" in the East.

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I'd be pumped if LSU won either of these.

So would you.

1 person likes this.