Kentucky vs LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 13, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Cuz it's fun.

2. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

I want to disagree with you, but I think you're ultimately right. Maybe if we went all in and truly played both QBs, even alternating between them in the same series—try and throw Ole Miss off guard. Miles said that we have a spread element to our offensive. What if we let Harris run that some in the game? Our traditional game model will not get the job done, so the coaches have got to put something creative together offensively. Maybe this is a bad example: but remember when Jefferson and Ford had some success with the option against our first AL game in 2011? Al wasn't prepared, because they weren't expecting Jefferson to play in that game. I'm not saying that we should run an option, but I'm saying we should play both quarterbacks equally with different schemes and wrinkles. Too, I thought the pass to the tight end was nice, and more screen passes and throws to our fullbacks could be interesting too. What do you think? Or, are we totally fucked?

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think his long passes are better than the short ones. That seems to be where he struggles the most

4. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

We've got to be more adaptable than that. LSU has won many games with that formula, but we don't have the dominant defense we've had in the past. We must get creative and adjust our game plan to compensate for some of our shortcomings. We all know what happens to species who lack adaptability: They go extinct. I desperately want to give Cameron and Miles more credit than that. We'll see. At least we're playing the Rebels in our house. I think Death Valley will be fired up for this one. I hope we stomp their ass into the ground.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If we had the dominant defense we are used to seeing at LSU I think it would be a coin flip on who wins the next 2 games, but we don't. I think Ole Miss will start off playing normally on defense, they won't load the box because they are really good and may not think they have to. If LSU can jump out in front and get Wallace a little nervous he could force a ball or 2 into coverage. I think LSU can win the next 4 games, but the offense has to be a lot more balanced than it is now, and unless Les Miles is just playing everything really close to the hat, i don't see much of a difference with the game plan going forward. I think it's obvious Brandon Harris isn't ready, and I think it's also obvious the smart choice is Jennings, but Les and company are going to have put the ball in his hands and ask him to complete passes. One good thing about Jennings is he has been really good on 3rd down. I like your idea about using the backs more in the passing game, especially the fullback, we never throw to tight ends I don't see that changing. I think we gotta use Diarse more, the dude is a physical freak.

Anyway, I think we win 3 of 4 and drop 1 to either Ole Miss or Alabama, I'd rather it be Ole Miss, I know most would love to end this dream season for the Rebels but if you told me we win 1 of those 2 I'd pick a win over Bama over a win over Ole Miss any day of the week.

jdkees likes this.
  6. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Agreed. As sweet as ruining Ole Miss' season would be, beating Alabama trumps all!

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Might want to do a little more homework here. Name the college that has the most players in the NFL? That should give the answer, not that hard to figure. What round did OBJ and Landry go in the last draft? Have you seen what those two have been doing since getting into the NFL? Have you heard what both gave credit as to who and what helped get them into the NFL?
    Kids go to college, but the end result, they want into the NFL, an LSU and Les have done a better job than most every other team in the Nation. They can sell kids on this every time. How did we finish last year, thats right, better than any team in the Nation, but one. Les and the staff will continue this. Asks NFL coaches and scouts, Les and his staff as good a job as any team getting players ready for the NFL.

On the WR's, these guys have played under Les at LSU:
    Bowe, OBJ, Landry, Rueben Randle, Brandon LaFell, all these guys are still in the NFL. Also Russell Shepard who has made a team as a WR, came to LSU as a QB.

An why would a WR come to LSU and not catch a pass, just be used for blocking and other things. Well, LSU had a player last year that didn't catch a pass the entire season, guess what, he got drafted into the NFL, last game he had a reception for 24 yards. Look up the name James Wright, you might remember him, but like I said, he never caught a pass last season.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    TigerTap, LaSalleAve, red55 and 3 others like this.
  8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Is it illegal to see shitty football being played regardless of the score?

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Looks as though it's been McGee getting lee'd.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

fair point....just as it's ok to acknowledge that this team is improving

shane0911 likes this.