Kerry Just Lost the South...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I agree 100%. Louisiana is a "purple" state, based on past presidential elections and our statewide races in the past couple of years. Plus, Bush has been terrible for Louisiana. He's pushing CAFTA which will devastate the sugar industry and he's screwing us on offshore royalties, among other things. At the very least Kerry could force Bush to spend resources here instead of other places.

I don't think Bush has any chance of carrying Michigan. He didn't carry it last time, and since 2000 he had a steel tariff that hurt Michigan AND alienated its large Arab-American community, who gave him between 50 and 70% of its votes last time.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I predicted it on another thread with alot less POMP and circumstance.

Bush will win big and yes it will be similar to the Reagan/Mondale race and well read it and weep.

Not just because I want him to win, it's going to happen, hide and watch.
    I just hope after he gets re-elected he gets things back on the right track, he definately needs improvement in domestic issues.

3. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I don't know about Louisiana Bestbank.
    I think that is one state that the Republican's will or at least would be able to hang the gay marriage albatross around the Democrat nominee bigtime.
    I heard on the radio today that Senator Frist is going to start debate on the gay marriage issue in the Senate this Fall.
    I'm no political insider, but I don't think that's a coincidence?
    I've made my feelings clear on this issue that I believe it truly is the most important social issue in this county in decades if not centuries.
    So while acknowledging the political manuevering, I believe its a debate that should take place and positions should be clarified instead of focus-group tested sound bites.