Kerry releases Yale transcripts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mystikalilusion, Jun 8, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i did see the stupid spelling, it is impossible to miss, i just didnt notice the context, so i was not gonna say anything. i didnt notice that he was using words poorly while being critical of bush's poor word usage. when you mentioned it, i noticed the context, that is when i enjoyed it.

bush no right make words he not good happy smart me is.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

my fiance teaches at a GT school in EBRP... The talented kids are usually way out of their league.. I think its a pretty bad idea to put them in classes with academically gifted kids... SInce artisitc kids tend toward lower grades at regular schools because they tend to have different learning styles that the norm, putting them in with the smart kids makes them feel more inferior. Its statistically proven that more of the artistically talented kids drop out than other groups.
    Another problem with the EBRP GT program is that kids who are in gifted basically can't fail. It takes an extreme amount of F's for them not to be promoted. This encourages the kids to not put any effort into work since they will be rewarded regardless.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

In my district, once a kid is classified as GT (and they don't include artistically talented kids in that group; academics is the way they are placed), he or she cannot "fail" out of the program. For most GT kids, making low grades isn't really a great pay off, but there are two or three every year (we have around 100 GT kids at my school of 1300) who tend to fail a lot. Many of them want to be at the top of the class, and that's their motivation (or their parents' motivation).

Also, kids can be placed in GT as early as kindergarten and cannot be removed from the program, regardless of their academic performance. My four-year-old's preschool director has suggested that my daughter get tested in kindergarten because she thinks she can be placed. It's less risky at kindergarten because the children are placed based on observation of the child, rather than a written test where a child who doesn't test well is left out of the program.

It doesn't really matter to me if my daughter is in GT classes, except that if she is, she'll be in classes with a higher percentage of students who are interested more in learning than the larger student body population. Otherwise, I don't really care if she's just an ordinary kid--even if she did started talking at six months and taught herself to recognize all of her letters last year.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

but it isnt "risky" for you, because all you want is accurate assessment of your child. there is no winning or losing, nothing to risk. it is only risky for the parents who want the kid in gifted regardless of if they deserve it. plus your kid is genius, like everyone here.

surely this kid will pass the gifted test first try.

i guess that makes sense. i guess it sucks to be talented rather then gifted. i can think of no solution.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's not that I say so little, it's just that you are incapable of comprehending most of it. That's not my fault. My enlightening thoughts and ideas just weren't meant for someone of your lowly mental capacity.

6. Contained Chaos

Hahahahaha, I really hope you don't believe that. I don't know, maybe you are that dumb. I'd say that's a distinct possibility at this point. If you still doubt me, just see for yourself, unless you're afraid.....

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/audio.phtml

7. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

I just thought GWB had a better shot at enunciating than he did at annunciating, but then you must be the "DUMB" one for not realizing that I was merely pointing out the "DUMB" mistake you made for using the word annunciate.
    I typed real slow just for you. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think his point was that you need to remove the 2x4 from your own eye, before you go pointing out the cinder in someone else's eye.

9. Contained Chaos

If that was his point, he sure did hide it well.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Let's see,...Bush has elevated himself to President of the United States. And you are.....???