Kerry releases Yale transcripts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mystikalilusion, Jun 8, 2005.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't think so. I saw what he was getting at almost immediately.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

^^^Oh please. If you're going to call someone out for word usage errors, it would only take a half-wit to leave out an insinuation that GW speaks well. I don't think that even his most ardent supporters would buy that one.

Himself?! Ha! That's laughable, but beside the point. Following up on your astute observation, if you want to compare my position to W's, I'd say he is in one that requires a far greater grasp on the English language than that of a Civil Engineer. I never speak in front of the entire world, or even more than a few people at a time. A politicians job is to not only speak, but to phrase their B.S. eloquently and seamlessly. My job is to crunch numbers and to design traffic operation systems.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Nobody's arguing that GWB speaks well. His argument is that while GWB may not speak well, you obviously can't spell for sh!t. So, having that weakness, who are you to criticize anybody else's shortcomings?

Like I said...get the 2x4 out of your own eye....

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

And yet, to get back to SabanFan's point, there he is, POTUS, while there you are, a civil engineer. Now a Civil engineering degree is impressive, don't get me wrong...my Dad is a licensed civil PE. But what are the chances you'll ever get as far as GWB has?

5. Contained Chaos

I can't spell for shit? Check that. 'Annunciate', although used out of place, was in fact, spelled correctly. See for yourself. Further, anyone who reads FSA regularly should know that I rarely misspell words, especially compared to some of the other folks on this board. So such an insinuation is foolish at best. Therefore, it is not a weakness. I made a mistake. I know that most of you are shocked to discover that I'm not perfect. But you shouldn't deal with it by making asinine assertions about my ability.

Further, 'annunciate' and 'enunciate' are pronounced almost exactly the same. That's ironic, given the fact that I was criticizing Bush's speaking ability.

2x4, huh? Until you've ever heard me speak, that analogy holds absolutely no water.

And why is that important? Are you suggesting that I am not entitled to criticize those who have gotten 'further' than me? So, then, I can never criticize any collegiate athlete, any politician, judge, priest, etc., etc.? As I alluded to, somoene who has gotten that far, particularly in a field where speaking is pivotal, should be able to pronounce relatively simple, anglo-saxon terms clearly.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

None more so than you, I'm sure. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if only it would go in his mouth instead.

wait, where's the obligatory, HA! Its over your head as his usual rebuttal to signify victory.

jeezus put a lid on it unless some mod here is laying you.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

CC as a baby:

"VICTORY IS MINE"

9. Contained Chaos

Yeah, I always love the 'you talk too much' comments from the little brats with 9,000+ posts...particularly on internet forums. Get over me, tirk. I make posts, people reply, I reply back. See how that works? Would you rather everyone just not respond to what people say to them? Well get it out of your head, kiddo, 'cus it ain't gonna happen. Like I've said before, if my presence irks you that deeply, I can let you know how to add me to your ignore list.

It's also funny that you never have anything of substance to add to FSA threads, only lame, half-witted remarks about some of the people partaking in them. But it's ME who has the 'talking too much' problem, huh? Riiiiiiight.