Kerrys Military Plan (Most of you should like it)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SmaxCom2, Aug 4, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, I've read your links. Lots of right-wing spin. But I see no evidence, nor even an on-the-record accusation of treason, as you have proposed in Post #8. Do you understand what treason is?

Kerry, or any American citizen has the perfect right to speak to a foreign leader if he can manage an audience. A US Presidential candidate would be a fool if he passed up an opportunity to meet with US allies.

trea·son, noun: the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war; specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance —trea·son·ous adjective

A Presidential candidate in a legal election process discussing politics with the political leaders of US allies IN NO WAY constitutes "attempting to overthrow the government", "levying war against the United States", or "giving aid and comfort to its enemies".

You got proof of treason? It ain't in those links.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

First of all I'd like to say you represent everything the underlings of the Democratic Party stand for. Not the Kerrys, Clintons, and Gores, but the everyday guy, willing to buy into their BS that a billionaire wants to look out for you and your's.

A round of applause for fish, everyone. You have graduated to a junior high level of insults. Keep working and applying yourself, little guy. At this rate you will be insulting on the 12th grade level in no time. Remember, No Child Left Behind. Keep this up and Hillary will have you speaking at the '08 convention. One more thing, don't forget I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

No proof, because we haven't been told what was said or what was promised.

"or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance"

No help in the policing and reconstruction of Iraq, which means our soldiers can't be relieved by a multinational coalition such as the UN to be sure order is restored until the Iraqis can handle it themselves. Preventing aid to America should fall under this, because the result is American lives being lost by having to keep our folks over there. I know, Dems will squawk that Bush caused American lives to be lost, but I'll head that off beforehand. Kerry voted to go into Iraq, so you can forget that argument.

Hear no evil, see no evil. Keep your head in the sand, Red. As a matter of fact, bury it a little deeper. Not only do Democrats want the truth, so do the rest of us, but there is much more truth to be told than what you Democrats are looking for.

4. red55

No, I was a hippie musician in the 70's. What in the world does that have to do with anything? Some folks just have different opinions than you, amigo. It's not a dark conspiracy by "hippies".

I was in high-school during Vietnam. Don't try and put me at odds with Namvets. I'm supporting one for President. You've never heard me criticise any veteran. I have tremendous respect for vets like SabanFan and my own chums who went over, including one that is on the Wall. Just because I wasn't drafted doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on anything I damn well please.

Especially on a subject that has nothing to do with hippies or Vietnam.

How 'bout you, Tirk? My guess is you weren't born until the 80's, but if you are a combat veteran, you have my respect, too.

5. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]LIE: In signing the No Child Left Behind Act, Bush declared “We’re going to spend more on our schools and we’re going to spend it more wisely.” In his 2004 State of the Union speech, he claimed “I refuse to give up on any child and the No Child Left Behind Act is opening the door of opportunity to all of America’s children.” [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]FACT: Bush’s FY2005 budget under-funds the No Child Left Behind (“NCLB”) program by $9.4 billion – or 27 percent less than authorized by Congress. Bush has under funded the NCLB program by $15 billion over his first three years. Most of the under funding is in the area of Title I of the Act which provided funds to schools with low income or disadvantaged students. (The Daily Distortion 10.24.03, New Democratic Network 12.02.03, Center for American Progress 02.03.04)[/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][/font]

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Remember I am laughing at you, not with you.[/font]

6. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

Funny thing about those Democrats...they spent 8 years defending an admitted perjurer, yet all of a sudden, they have the market cornered on
    "truth".

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I feel sorry for you. You seem so miserable with yourself.

Maybe a 1/2 hour or so away from the computer would help. Don't you need to go outside to use the bathroom, or did the wife put down newspaper near the computer?

keep barking

8. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Yep, it is funny how easy Bush has made that true.

9. red55

NATO allies being "enemies" is a real stretch, don't you think. I give up on you.

Actually I'm a registered independent and a moderate. To the left of you, to be sure, but I understand your confusion. One of the problems with an extreme position is poor perspective. I've voted both Republican and Democrat in the past depending on candidates attributes, not party politics. I actually voted for Bush last time because I thought we needed a change after 8 years of Democrats. It was a mistake I won't repeat.

If Kerry turns out to be a doofus, I won't be supporting him next time either. I don't give half a damn about Democratic or Republican politics.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

incorrect. i am 32 and was simply asking not because I thought you served, its obvious by your comments you lack a certain respect of someone who has. While you claim to want the truth, you are obviously looking for reasons simply to justify your position. And yeah, I was RA for 8 years during the 1st gulf conflict. I shoulda reupped.