Kerrys Military Plan (Most of you should like it)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SmaxCom2, Aug 4, 2004.

1. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

Is that really the best you can do to justify your double standard?

You guys are going to be easier to defeat in November than I thought.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

As I said before, I am not a Republican, I am a conservative. I don't agree with all Republican policies. Encouraging a kid to be pushed on to the next grade is not education, no matter what Republican or Democrat says so. I said I support Bush because he is the BETTER of the two. I have never said he is a perfect candidate who stands for EVERYTHING I believe in. No Child Left Behind is a comment on our society as a whole, nothing to do with a political party. Keep digging and try again later.

Crawfish, you were entertaining for awhile but your entertainment value is running thin. As a matter of fact I do get out away from the computer quite often. Don't patronize me for being able to put my thoughts and opinions into words quicker than you. You have a mind, you should use it once in awhile for something other than attempting to get a rise out of someone.

Red, you have your opinion, I have mine. I respect your's, because unlike these other 2 you seem to have done your homework and formed your own opinions, rather than take it straight from Michael Moore himself. When challenged you come back with reasonable, thought-out replies rather than immediately slinging insults the way these guys have been doing. Your replies haven't influenced my opinion, but at this point I don't believe anyone can. We all have the right to question and ask what if. As a side note, MSNBC, which is where one of the articles I posted that mentioned "meetings" by democrats, is hardly considered right-wing spin. I think we can agree on that one.

3. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I guess I will direct this to the Kerry supporters on this board… I am out of the Country right now and do not have a bunch of time to communicate all my thoughts immediately, but in reading these post it pissed me off enough that I had to ask a couple questions.

We are all brought together for our love of sports; in particular, LSU sports. (Those of us on this board)

If we all played on the football team at LSU, how should we feel if out starting quarterback traveled to Auburn during the middle of football season and gave a speech to Auburn players about what jackasses all his fellow teammates were?

How about we were all on the coaching staff and Crawfish (OL Coach) went down to Tulane and told them that as soon as he finds a way to get rid of the head coach, he will take over and things will be different. Then Crawfish comes back and holds a news conference saying that he has met privately with another coaching staff and they want a change in our head coach because he does not coach fairly. What should the rest of us on the staff think? Better yet what should the players on the team think of this assistant coach as well as the state of our team?

Why is it acceptable to most Kerry supporters for the Dixie Chicks to stand on a stage outside the Untied States, during war time, and take shots at our leader?
    Why is it OK with you for Michael Moore to go to France and Germany and bad mouth our citizenry?
    Why is OK with you for a member of our congress to have private meetings with foreign heads of states and bad mouth our current leadership?

This administration is not perfect, but where I come from team loyalty is important. Thinking you can do a better job is great too… But go about bringing change without disgracing the team or making it weaker and more vulnerable in the process.
    :usaflagwa :laflagwav :lsug:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What the hell are you talking about? This is the democratic process at work, mon ami. Every four years we get the opportunity to change the government, by voting. Loyalty to America is participating in the process.

Are you actually demanding the loyalty of the citizenry to a political party in an election year? That's pretty naive.

There are a lot of folks out there who want a change. They owe no loyalty to anybody else's personal political viewpoint.