Kerry's VP?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ashgeaux, Jul 5, 2004.

1. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

Cheney was wrong for using that kind of language on the Senate floor, but Leahy still deserved it. Cheney has been in politics for more than 6 years, unlike his opponent and I'm thinking that might come into play.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

6 months ago, Kerry said that Edwards wasn't fit to be President. But he is good enough to be a heartbeat away from it.

Interesting.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Ssssshhhh....you're not supposed to remind these guys of their hypocrisies (especially if they're Democrats)...it's bad form.

4. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

And John McCain said Bush has made critical mistakes in the War on Terror and that he has the worst environmental record in history...and now he's supposed to be a glowing supporter of the potus. There's no monopoly of flip-flopping opinions on either side of the fence.

5. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

And Cheney and Co. were supposed to "bring honor and civility" back to the White House. The same day Cheney dropped the F-Bomb, the Senate passed strict language restrictions on media outlets. So its OK when Cheney does it, but if you hear it on TV, its a $500,000 fine?

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

word! free howard stern!

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Last I noticed, George W. Bush was NOT gettin a hummer from an intern.

And there is a big difference between dropping an F bomb on the public airwaves versus saying it on the Senate floor.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

John McCain would have been Hanoi John Kerry's first choice as veep if he could have talked him into it. McCain has teamed up with ultra liberal gun grabbers like Diane Feingold to sponser legistation like the McCain-Feingold act that subverts the rights of legitimate lobbyists like the NRA to directly support candidates of their choice through the use of paid political advertising. Under the McCain-Feingold act it is a criminal act to merely mention a candidates name or even to mention the McCain-Feingold act in a paid political broadcast withing 60 days of an election.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Yep, that's right, kiddo. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

10. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

What bothers me about Edwards is not Edwards personally, although I think he's a rabid social liberal in a Southern accent.
    Somehow if you are as liberal as Ted Kennedy on abortion, homosexual marriages, gun control, the death penalty, etc., but do it with a Southern accent, you are a moderate?
    But what bothers me about Edwards are trial lawyers.
    Not getting into the trial lawyers versus the corporations argument, but these trial lawyers, one of whom got busted, but many more still do it, who bundle up $2,000 contributions in the name of their staff, secretaries and office personnel and reimburse these low-paid individuals to avoid the campaign contribution limits.
    One Arkansas trial lawyer essentially gave Edwards $200,000 this way.
    Now if these trial lawyers can afford, which obviously they can, to throw around $2,000 per pop with their low-paid staff people, why don't they just give these folks a $2,000 bonus?
    It's telling that they believe John Edwards is worth more to them than their own employees.
    Lots of these secretaries, staff personnel in these offices are barely scraping by paycheck to paycheck, yet their rich boss can throw around $2,000 x 100 to a politician.
    Just goes to show how corrupt the legal system is.
    And I know, big corporations do the same thing, with their middle managers.
    That's corrupt also.