Kerry's VP?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ashgeaux, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Well, I'll take that trial lawyer any day over another oil exec.

2. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

That may be, I think they are both slick operators looking out for themselves.
    What I have a problem with is the oil exec. and the trial lawyers putting $2,000 in the pocket of a low-level employee only as a reimbursement for that low-level employee making a $2,000 contribution to a politician.
    Much rather the oil exec and the trial lawyer put $2,000 extra in a paycheck of a employee to help them put food on their family table.
    But I agree its a close call when it comes to who is sleazier, a trial lawyer or an oil exec.
    The trial lawyer enriches himself on the back on the injured, the oil exec enriches himself on the back on the general consumer.
    I don't see much redeeming value on either.

3. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:grin: :grin: :grin:

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Might as well be Hillary, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell anyway.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You mean AMbulance chasing trial lawyer.

You'd have to be an IDIOT to want a bottom feeding trial lawyer over ANY exec.

There are bad examples and good examples in both professions. You folks make broad sweeping assumptions.......... Just like I did above. My sister is a lawyer and she puts away criminals, I think this is pretty honorable. Does that mean all lawyers are good or bad? OJ Simpson was on trial for murder, does that mean all Ex- NFL running backs are potential murder suspects?

Just because someone is a politician doesn't mean he/she is a liar or murderer just because TEd Kennedy was/is. :shock:

Bush is TEN times the man those two idiots are/ were/ every will be. ( Kerry and his ass-clown Edwards )

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I bet you've dropped the F-Bomb to someone in your lifetime.
    At least Cheney didn't kill Vincint Foster or a girl like Teddy did.
    I promise you Bush and Cheney won't take the furniture when they leave the
    White House.

Its funny to me that everyone went to prison over WhiteWater but the Clintons.

Funny to me that people like you criticize someone for doing the same thing you would do in that situation.
    Just like when people like you said Bush lied when in fact the intelligence let
    everyone down and just like there are no WMD's in Iraq so Bush is a liar because of that when it is another intel problem.

Just remember they have found recently WMD's in Iraq along with all of that
    Uranium.

This is no difference then the stereotype that the Republicans are for the rich.
    I see more BMW's for Kerry these days and not any for Bush.
    One of my properties is a real ritzy condo tower where 1 bedroom units go for
    200 to 300 thousand, Anything bigger goes for 400 to 800 thousand dollars in
    downtown Denver.

I see cars here for Kerry not Bush!

8. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I have nothing against prosecutors, it is a decent way to make a living.
    I'm curious: do you think your sister would ever switch sides and become a criminal defense attorney?
    Reason I ask is a crapload of criminal defense attorneys started out as prosecutors.
    Similarly, John Edwards began his career as a corporate defense attorney then switch sides to make his fortune in Plaintiff's personal injury cases.
    Some lawyers are plaintiff attorneys one week, defense attorneys the next, whatever pays the bills.
    Nothing wrong with that concept at all.
    After all, I'm sure alot of Coke executives become Pepsi execs or Shell execs become Texaco execs if the MONEY is right.
    The difference I see between business execs and lawyers are that business people will tell you they are doing what they are doing, switching jobs, starting new ventures for the MONEY.
    Lawyers hold themselves out as some grand and noble profession beyond the dirty world of *business*.
    BS! Practicing law is a pure business despite the shallow claims.
    When a personal injury attorney has a potential client walk in the door, he evaluates how much is this potential asset worth, how much can I make off this asset, what will be my return if I invest in this asset that comes through my door without a dime in his pocket.
    Just like a businessman looks at investing in a piece of equipment. How much money can I make if I buy this, what is the risk-return, etc.
    I don't have any problem with lawyers per se, I just think they are extremely disingenuous if not outright dishonest when they claim to be answering to some higher calling, some grand profession, when they are lying through their teeth, they are in it for the MONEY, just like the rest of us schmoes.