KEVIN MEYERS DECOMMITS; COMMITS TO USC; We lose another one.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Also Max Holmes, GS from last year.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

What is Pete Carroll telling these kids to lure them to USC? This year they received pledges from the #1 Pro Style QB, the #1 DE, the #1 WR, the #1 O-lineman, the #1 linebacker, the #2 DB, the #7 DB, and the #4 Kicker in America.

Last year they signed 8 5-Star players (I still can't get over how amazing that was) in a class that included the #1 Center, the #1 Tackle, the #2 Athlete, the #3 DE, and the #1 Linebacker in America.

Their "worst" class in the last few years included Reggie Bush, Will Poole, and Lendale White, and J.D. Booty.

3. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Miles in tough spot

Ok, I'll be the first to admit I was not wowed by the hire of Les Miles, and to tell the truth I still ain't overly thrilled. But, I don't think it's fair to blame the guy for supposedly "losing" Saban's recruits. While I appreciate what Nick did for the program, let's face it, ya boy left us in the lurch, as far as this year's recruiting. His timing, to be blunt, sucked. I'm having a hard time understanding what is so special about the Miami Dolphins franchise -- I could maybe understand a fascination w/ the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears or a New York team. The Dolphins won some Super Bowls 30 years ago, that makes them "America's Team"?? "It's not about the money ..." Yeah, right. Had Saban stayed, he could have won multiple SEC and NC's at LSU. He made a dumb career choice. I hate to be spiteful, but I don't necessarily wish him well in Miami. Sorry.

Now, Coach Miles, how about hiring a freakin' defensive coordinator and getting one, just one, recruit??:shock:

4. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

There was a soft verbal but even as of yesterday Rivals had both USC and Cal ahead of us on his list.

If the kid was from Louisiana I'd be concerned, but the kid is from Cali and was probably never coming here anyway.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Simple same thing happens at OU and was happening with us, winning makes good kids want to be a part of it. Plain and simple, USC finally won the National Championship and dominates a conference. Same with OU, they get most of the top kids because they win. Winning causes snowballing in recruiting, look at our last classes of the last 4 years.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

USC recruits worldwide - the fact that he is from Cali doesn't make me feel any better about losing him. He needs to start right away to make a push for the NFL, that I understand, but saying he's from there doesn't do anything for me in this day and age...

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Re: Miles in tough spot

I hope you own a heat resistant suit. :dis:

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

hey everybody......this is a no knee jerk zone. until 2/2/05, I do not consider LSU to have any recruits. will be nice if on that day we get all of our "verbals" and a little RP for the mix.

keep the faith infidels...the band is still playing and the fat lady has yet to sing.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Do you have any idea of how deep we are along the offensive line for next year?

Get a clue...QB and offensive line are not a priority...

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Yeah, I understand this, but I am simply amazed at USC's recruiting success. We've landed four 5-Star recruits since 2002 (Xavier Carter, Early Doucet, Claude Wroten, and Justin Vincent) and they signed 8 in one year. Pete Carroll is due a great deal of credit and I just got a good whiff of just how good he is at this recruiting game. Just this year he's taken a HUGE recruit from right under our nose and he's got one of our transfers waiting in the wings...

It would seem impossible to get this many stars to share a playing field - it's like trying to convince the 2 most popular guys at every high school to join a fraternity or a club - Carroll creates elbow room for these high school stars and I would love to know how he gets it done year in and year out.