KEVIN MEYERS DECOMMITS; COMMITS TO USC; We lose another one.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 24, 2005.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

All the reports and news paper articles I have seen have him going to JUCO and then USC unless something has changed.

2. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Lavelle is going to Cal check rivals in the juco ranks!

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

what really sucks is that things dont look to be slowing down for SC anytime soon. i mean seriously, who, in the PAC-10, will challenge them for recruits...or wins, for that matter? its such a weak conference that, once you're on top, its hard to envision coming down. yet another reason why a playoff system is imperative.

4. robbie71084

robbie71084 Freshman

Bandwagon, Bandwagon and more bandwagoneers. All will drop off in a year or 2 :thumb:

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Saban himself said in fall camp that Hawkins was the best route runner they had on the entire team...

6. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Some of you are making too much of this. Changing coaches has a big impact. Plus the kid is now playing in Compton and he has an offer from USC.

He's surrounded by USC out there. I really don't think this is a loss, LSU has never depended on CA for talent. Never has and doesn't have to.

Miles is a good coach. Give it some time. Lloyd Carr had two 8 win seasons his first years and UM fans complained, and look at what he did.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

BB, you're right about Carroll, he's building a monstah at USC and it's getting bigger. This year he is going to end up with more than a 4 star average I think, they are at a 4.0 right now and are in the running for a few more 5 star players. Anyone who dismisses what he is doing just doesn't want to admit how good of a Head Coach this guy is.

And being on the left coast only makes it worse as he will not have all that much competition IMO. I really don't think it was a coincidence that Oregon, Oregon St and Washington St all got to be average to good programs when USC was down due to bad hires at HC. Now that they are back on top I think we will see USC dominate the PAC 10 like they did in the 60's and 70's with maybe one other good team challenging them year in and year out. We will all be praying for upsets.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

If he doesn't want to play here, good riddens