Kevin Steele vs the 2 headed Dufus from 2008

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 14, 2015.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Booger McFarland said Steele wasn't Miles' first choice, he was like 5th or 6th. So the question is, why did so many other DC candidates (and there were some good names thrown out there as being interviewed) not want the job. Another reason it's time to move on. Hiring good staff used to be one of Miles' strong suits but looking at the current crop for some reason he can no longer attract quality coordinators.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

My opinion and my opinion only, I think like Chavis they saw the hand writing on the wall. Add to that like Chavis they knew that their defense would be required to win games and would have to do it while handicapped with an inept offense.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles is being fired for his offense, not this years defense or a combination of the two. Everyone with a little common sense knows you don't take a short handed defense with a new coordinator, trying to change systems and expect instant success. Everyone knew the defense would be a work in progress. Yes it sucked worse than expected, but it wasn't a total shock given the circumstances. Miles being fired is 100% on his refusal to do anything it takes to evolve his stone age offense despite its total failure year after year.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

That says a lot right there about what coaches think about Miles and his status here at LSU. Despite that, Coach O should have been the DC over Steele. He has a MUCH better track record.

5. 15 NCandGoinStrong

15 NCandGoinStrong Senior Member

I can honestly say i'm glad Kevin Steele is you guys problem now. He was here once before and sucked he went to Clemson and sucked and now he is at LSU and sucking. Good riddance and a quality hire by LSU.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

7. 15 NCandGoinStrong

At least you are one of the few who have the courage to respond. I respect it.

8. shane0911

It's 1 am. We have jobs, I know you gumps don't really know what those are but I'm going to let you stick around and see what tomorrow brings

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. 15 NCandGoinStrong

I work. Just off for Thanksgiving. I feel sorry for them working one day before Thanksgiving.

10. shane0911

Right