Kevin Steele will be named New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerz0202, Jan 13, 2015.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Travonte Valentine

didit and LSUDad like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

To add Trey LMAO. Lets see what O can get out of these guys.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, at least, we know LMFAO is a crazy SOB, like his Dline coach is.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Or maybe he's just saying what he really believes.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I know fully well who Jenkins is and he's certainly a coach that I respect. That said a 4-2 doesn't equal seven. A nickel isn't a 4-3.

Bama hasn't ran a 4-3 in long yardage situations. It's that simple, therein the post.

His shirt didn't get burned, did it?

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Teams run a 4-3 and 3-4, what hes talking about the front 7.
    LSU ran a Mustang Package at times the last few years.

Nope still has the shirt.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like it that Dad posts whole articles rather than links. I don't click on every link in every post where somebody puts a link but it there is a whole article there I will at least scan it and if it is something new to me or interesting I will read it all. I think there are quite a few of us who don't click on a lot of posted links. Especially when accessing TF from a phone.

As for myself I usually post a link but knowing that some people won't click on a link if I feel like the story is of high interest I will post the whole article.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I fully understand this and can sit here and talk schemes all day long. It was just a side note mentioning Perkins alluding to Bama playing a 4-3 in long yardage situations.

Look. If we want to get down to the nuts and bolts even when Bama has four down linemen in a nickel package that fourth guy with his hand in the dirt is still a linebacker. The unit/set has three linemen, three linebackers, two safeties, and three corners. (At times the last two are reversed with three safeties and two corners.) The one thing it isn't is a 4-3 defense.

Which, in terms of personnel, is a 3-2-6 which also, technically, is based on a cover two scheme. This is another scheme with which I'm quite familiar. It wasn't something new he started in Baton Rouge, he used it at Tennessee when he was there. In fact, the Mustang Package was the second addition of this type of approach. He used something pretty similar to it when he was coaching at Alabama A&M. (I want to say that was called Tequila Sunrise, or something like that.)

In both of these defenses the key is the personnel. That is the point I was bringing into the conversation. Not only has Steele ran a 4-3 in his stops outside of Tuscaloosa, teams can't easily simply switch. A good example of that is found in Columbia this season when Whammy tried to start running a 3-4 but Ellis had been recruiting for his version of a 4-2-5 which left the 'Cocks without the personnel for a three man front; and that's not even including trying to turn players recruited for his "SPUR" position into interior linebackers.

(SIDE NOTE: There's a good number who think the addition of Muschamp at Auburn means an instant turnaround on their defense. I have serious doubts it'll happen in 2015. It may not in 2016. One word: Personnel.)

P&G_wheelz007 and LSUDad like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The way the color palette is set up it's hard to see links especially if they are embedded in paragraphs.

red55 and uscvball like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know why some people have a problem with posting whole articles. Nobody is forcing anybody to read anything. If it doesn't interest you then just scroll on down.

LSUDad likes this.